What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Build need opinions

FrankyG

New Build

Hi,

Just sold my main system and this is what I am looking to buy.

Intel Q9550
Evga 790i Ultra
4GB Patriot PC3-10666 DDR3 7-7-7-20
Corsair HX1000W PSU
2x Evga GTX280

I will be using a Seaget 1TB and Thermalright Ultra-120 from my old system. Any thing that I could change to make it better ?

Last edited:

Iamcanadian7

Yea that's helpful...

Looks like a nice system, personally I won't touch that board with a 10 foot pole from all the issues I've had with memory compatibility. I would suggect the Striker 2 Extreme from Asus or a 780i chipset. This is speaking from personal experience. That power supply is a beast, you'll have no issues with that sucker.

That thing will scream once its built. Good luck.

cwestwell

well how deep are your pockets? you can have a look at what i am doing lol

Are you trying to kill him with envy or are you just being cruel.

anyway .... Nice CPU good GPU cant beet EVGA warranty...I like the Gskill F3 1600 4GB kit but I have no practical experience with DDR3.. and Awesome PSU I love the HX1000 its a solid beast. But the board mmmmmm I am not an EVGA board kinda guy have you looked into ASUS damn its hard to find solid Nvidia Chip Boards.

** Asus Striker 2 Formula Maybe

random_2

I'd do a little more research into the 790 chipset franky, before you hit the "It's Too Late Now Button" on your keyboard. Nope, not a fanboy of either.
Just am really impressed with the Intel Chips and ATI at the moment.

FrankyG

From the reviews around the net the Evga 790i seems to be a great board all the sites that reviewed like it.

cwestwell

I wont lie I have a prejudice against the Nforce Chipset. But yeah if you were going to get an nforce board you would definetly want and EVGA unless you could get an Asus or DFI

FrankyG

I ordered the stuff ! I changed the PSU to Antec 1000W its whas cheaper then the Corsair. I will post pictures of the build later on this week when the parts get in.

misterd

What case are you going to be using? I'm building something with that Antec 1000w and i found the 24 + 8 pin to be just 2 or 3 inches to short to be routed properly behind the mobo in an Antec 1200. That also could be related to the motherboard being used - Asus Maximus Extreme. So keep that in mind.

Latest posts