What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Build no Display

ShinraCorp

Hey everyone,

As some of you know I was building an HTPC for a friend, I got all the parts today however when I assembled them the PC boots up all the fans and cooling system work fine, however there's no display so here are the things I tried that may cause it.

-Reseated the RAM
-Reseated the CPU and ATX power plugs.
-Removed the discrete GPU and use the integrated GPU
-Tested the RAM on my system (all 8 GB are displayed properly)

None of them fixed it, could it be a faulty Mobo? I don't have a way to test out the mobo or the cpu since they're the only ones I got in my home.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Same issue as you are experimenting.... In the last week, I went through 3 boards (H81s) and a G1840 CPU - all DOAs... for the same customer. Could not believe it.

sswilson

Staff member
Other than new/different vid cables and a cmos reset there's really not much else to go on especially since neither onboard nor discrete seems to be outputting.

ShinraCorp

Other than new/different vid cables and a cmos reset there's really not much else to go on especially since neither onboard nor discrete seems to be outputting.
Nah I'm using the same HDMI cable as my current system and still nothing. I could test it with a DVI tomorrow (I don't have one right now) but I'll redo the whole built just in case I didn't mess up somewhere (I'm jobless so right now I need to save some cash)

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
First board was a Gigabyte, then twin H81s from Asus. Last one was fine, but upon testing the G1840 was artifacting (is that a verb?) and eventually corrupted the OS. I was playing with a H87 board from Asus alongside a G3258, so that helped the troubleshooting side of things....

And when I mean DOAs, I experienced not a single beep with only the CPU installed, and no ram sticks. They should have been screaming to death, but noooo....

Latest posts

Twitter