What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New build refuse get past POST

belinik

nothing is going right this week :(

started a new build and installed basic component. Power on and the computer have no screen. Plug in the speaker(by some reason I can never find one from antec's case.) and the computer gives short beep nonstop. According to manual it means power error.

I removed all connector and replug the 8pin and 24 pin only into mobo. Same result.

The psu is a test PSU I use.. it was working fine yesterday
the motherboard is brand new.

Spec:
i5 750
gigabyte p55m-UD2
corsair tx-650
8800gt
gskill ripjaw 1600 4gb
old IDE dvd rw
wd black 500gb

I have removed all plug now and will try again tmr..... any advise?

Zero82z

Banned
Any other hardware you can test with? Try switching the RAM to the other set of slots. That apparently can be an issue with some boards.

rjbarker

1. Try a single RAM chip
2. If you can Post ensure your vDimm (RAM Voltage is set to spec)
3. If you still cannot Post plug in only essential Hardware and try booting up (without installing in your Case)

Report back!

belinik

I read on the manual already, the error code is "power error"

What I did so far:

Unplug everything to bare(3 power connector to mobo(24 pin, 4 pin 4 pin) and also video card with power plugged): Power error
Pull 1 stick of ram, use another stick, on another socket: Power error
Have my 8800 on but took out the 6 pin: VGA error
Move the in question PSU to the old machine and try booting it: POST

I have never encounter power error trouble before. Does it sound like a motherboard issue?

UPDATE: pulled the power supply and plug it in my main rig(only 8 pin power and 24 pin power... also 2x pci-e on video card and it post properly. So it really sound like the motherboard is the issue.

How is the RMA for NCIX? how long does it take?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter