What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New build

lanken123

MOBO: Asus P5Q Pro ATX LGA775
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
RAM: Patriot Viper EP 4GB(2x2GB)
GPU: HIS Radeon HD4850
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 250GB
PSU: Coolermater EP 600W
CASE: Antec Three Hundred
OTHER: OCZ Ultra 5+ Thermal Paste and Coolermaster Neon Blue LED 120MM Case fanx2

I've just ordered these parts from DirectCanada.com so I don't think I can change anything. I'd like to know if everything is compatible or would I run into problems during the build. I'd also like to knoe if DirectCanada is trust worthy site? this is my first time ordering something online and I'm a little paraniod that they would run off with my money lol. when do you think I will recieve my shipment? If no one is hope to receive it, what exactly would happen?

Now for the OS I have a windows XP professonal CD which I have already used once, will I be able to use it agian with the same CD key or even with another one?

Thanks for listen.

enaberif

Mushkin Memory instead of Patriot
MX-2 instead of OCZ
Corsair 620 instead of Coolermaster

But the rest looks good.

lanken123

can't change anything since I've already ordered the parts :/...I was actually going for the mushkin memory but they sold out.

Infiniti

I just used the CM EP 600W PSU for a friend's build, and TBH, its quite loud. It might just be because the system needs more power, and then the fan needs to be turned up, but still, its loud. You should probably contact who you ordered the parts from and switch it up with the Corsair 620, like what Enaberif said.

misterlarry

Welcome to HWC lanken123. Just build it and have fun. Don't forget to post a build log. We all love the pics. Good luck and don't worry about asking questions.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

lanken123

I just used the CM EP 600W PSU for a friend's build, and TBH, its quite loud. It might just be because the system needs more power, and then the fan needs to be turned up, but still, its loud. You should probably contact who you ordered the parts from and switch it up with the Corsair 620, like what Enaberif said.

yeah I read a few reviews that said the only issue was it was loud but that doesn't bother me unless it was like xbox 360 loud.

now has anyone ordered from directcanada before? good site?

Infiniti

yeah I read a few reviews that said the only issue was it was loud but that doesn't bother me unless it was like xbox 360 loud.

now has anyone ordered from directcanada before? good site?
Okay, it might not be Xbox 360 loud.. But close. :haha:

And yeah, for my very first build, I ordered from DC. It took about a week, which I would consider pretty fast because I was building a whole system, with little goodies like water cooling, cathodes, etc. So yeah, I would say its a pretty good place to order stuff from.

lanken123

alright I was just wondering that PSU is enough for all that? I read something about amperage on rails right now but I didn't think about it when buying the parts, will I be alright?

sswilson

Staff member
For a single card build it will be more than enough.

Be sure to show us some pics when you're done, and I don't expect you'll have any problems with DC, but if you do, drop in here and send a PM to user DC_Support to get quick customer service.

I've ordered from DC several times without any issues which weren't solved quickly. (Had a wierd tracking # issue which had the package go back and forth between NS and BC a couple of times before it finally got to its final destination... :) ).

Latest posts