What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Builders want to save money via Price match!

Dashock

Hi all since there are a ton of new builders making threads recently i have noticed not all our taking the advantage and saving money via Price match with Ncix.

So I was looking to do some price comparison today and I found that our hardwarecanucks pricecanada.com was great!:canadianwave:
Canadian Prices: Search. Compare. Buy. - Canadian Online Shopping Search and Comparison!

However I also found that Shopbot found many deals that pricecanada didn't because, I'm assuming that the companies arn't registered with pricecanada.
Compare prices - Canada - Price Comparison - Comparison Shopping

So I was thinking that it would be a good idea to try and get a HWC Price Compare 1&2, or better yet, to get it to use both shopbot and pricecanada.

Or if none is possible (should pricecanada be paying to advertise their services here... and shopbot won't...), at least a mention of websites to check out when doing a price comparison (sticky in Hot Deals section maybe?)

Jon_di2 made an awesome thread which i found very usefull and saved me some money and now i pass it on to you as many members i guess have not seen his thread in the suggestion/feedback place. Use both links to find the cheapest price and then use Ncix price match.

Btw when buying memory also check out Memoryhouse.com you can pricematch from them too they often have the cheapest prices for memory including Mushkin Ascent memories.

Thankyou Jon_di2

P.S If anyone else wants to add to sites that are not listed in both those 2 search engines please feel free to.

Wein13

I'd love to save some money on my build, but it appears that the pricematch is for Canadian customers only :(

Freshke

As Belgian (European) it becomes difficult to do the pricematching based on Canadian sites. This is no critic... it's normal as we are the strange ducks here :).

Only option for us is to buy it there and try to find a shipping possibility with included insurrance etc... Overall I think the prices for us will get equal after shipping, so for us I advise (untill proven that shipping is easy and trustable):

www.alternate.de or .nl or .be (.de is the cheapest afaik).
Aachen Computer Versand Computerzubehör Cash Carry Onlineshop Computerservice Hardware Software

Regards.

encorp

I personally find that Memoryhouse.com tends to have the broadest selection as well. I usually do the majority of my orders through NCIX but have recently been getting memory from Memoryhouse.com.

Do NOT underestimate the value of Pricecompare. I saved well over 250.00 dollars from NCIX on a 1500.00 dollar order. I've ordered probably 4 grand in parts in the last 6 months and from looking at my invoices I've saved $500+!!!

That's HUGE!

Dashock

Well im not sure if its only for canadian customers only but either ways like Encorp has said We save a bunch so if its available use it. Either ways the majority of members of this forum is canadian and pricematch will work for them.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
At the bottom of the cart before you checkout. It's a small button.

encorp

I price match every single item no matter how small the savings, it may sound cheap but it adds up. The idea isn't to save a HUGE amount on one item, it's to save small amounts on multiple items. I've even price matched for 16 cents :0

Wein13

Ahh, ok. It shows up for me on NCIX.com, but not on NCIXUS.com. Only problem now is the prices in the cart are in Canadian dollars, and I want to pricematch to sites with prices in USD. Anyone have any experience doing this? Do I need to convert the price to Canadian, then enter it?

EDIT: I looked through the fine print, and the price match must be from a Canadian retailer, and in Canadian currency, so I guess we in the U.S. are pretty much out of luck.

Last edited: