What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New case airflow

tubabub

Hello all,

I have ordered a new case a couple of weeks ago and it should be arriving soon. The case comes with a 80mm rear exaust fan and im planning on strapping another 120mm to the front. My question is, would I be better off switching the 2 fans (having the 120mm do the rear exaust and the 80mm do the intake at the front). What would create the better airflow and grant the lowest temps?

Thank you for your replies!

enaberif

Hello all,

I have ordered a new case a couple of weeks ago and it should be arriving soon. The case comes with a 80mm rear exaust fan and im planning on strapping another 120mm to the front. My question is, would I be better off switching the 2 fans (having the 120mm do the rear exaust and the 80mm do the intake at the front). What would create the better airflow and grant the lowest temps?

Thank you for your replies!

Cases with 80mm fans are gonna suck regardless of fan configuration.

Should have invested in a case that only has 120mm fans.

FreqE1

What case did you order? Someone hear may have the same case and be able to give you first hand advice on a fan configuration.

I'd suggest you ditch the 80mm and replace it with a 120mm and add another 120mm. Fans that come with cases usually aren't great fans and cheap 80mm are often load. generally a 120mm will move more air and do it with less noise.

DK2

I'm a fan of more cooler air in, it'll get out regardless, but a 120 exhaust sure wouldn't hurt.

Look at it this way, in the summmer when you use a fan to stay cool, do you set it up to blow towards you or away.

DK2

I vote balanced and lean towards the positive side.
That said, every case and installed components are different.
Say you had a small case and shoehorned a GTX 280 video card in it,
then I’d say more exhaust or negative because your going to have ALOT of heat that you’ll need to get rid of,
and a little bit of positive pressure just isn’t going to do it.

tubabub

The case I ordered is a Compucase 6C28B. It comes with a 80mm rear fan mounted to a 120mm to 80mm adapter. I'm actually wondering if it's better to have negative or positive pressure. Also, since the psu, cpu and the 80mm fans are all pushing air out of the case, wouldn't it be better for the 120mm to do the intake to make the airflow more balanced?

Latest posts