What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New case causing major problems (Fixed)

Lyxtwing

Hello all,

I received a new case today and was very excited. I transferred all my hardware over and was very careful to make sure I plugged everything back in where it was before. Upon starting the computer, I had no signal going to my monitor. After powering down and triple checking all my connections, the problem persisted. I removed my graphics card and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but now when I turn the computer on all the fans start up, the lights go on for a second, and then it powers down. From there, it goes into a loop until I cut the power supply off. At this point it powers up one more time, and of course powers itself down.

I believe I have narrowed it down to the graphics card not being able to sit properly in the motherboard, but it seems to lock fine. When I tighten the screws at the back of the case that stabilize the graphics card the computer goes into a loop, when I take the screws out it powers up but with no picture. I'm considering taking it in, but would rather figure it out on my own. That said, power issues make me nervous and I don't want to fry anything. Am I right that it's the graphics card?

Any advice is much appreciated.

MB=GA-EP35-DS3L Case=CHENBRO RM42300-F GPU=MSI 560

Last edited:

enaberif

Hello all,

I received a new case today and was very excited. I transferred all my hardware over and was very careful to make sure I plugged everything back in where it was before. Upon starting the computer, I had no signal going to my monitor. After powering down and triple checking all my connections, the problem persisted. I removed my graphics card and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but now when I turn the computer on all the fans start up, the lights go on for a second, and then it powers down. From there, it goes into a loop until I cut the power supply off. At this point it powers up one more time, and of course powers itself down.

I believe I have narrowed it down to the graphics card not being able to sit properly in the motherboard, but it seems to lock fine. When I tighten the screws at the back of the case that stabilize the graphics card the computer goes into a loop, when I take the screws out it powers up but with no picture. I'm considering taking it in, but would rather figure it out on my own. That said, power issues make me nervous and I don't want to fry anything. Am I right that it's the graphics card?

Any advice is much appreciated.

MB=GA-EP35-DS3L Case=CHENBRO RM42300-F GPU=MSI 560

we need pics. but first things pull it all out and test first

Lyxtwing

Should have thought of that myself, but alas didn't heheh. Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a test outside the case tomorrow and see what happens. After that, I'll snap some pictures.

JJThomp

I would check all connections first, make sure they are nice and snug and that no wire insulation is showing because if the touches something it will short.

Lyxtwing

Ok, so long story short it wasn't the graphics card. I removed everything from the case and got it to boot, put it back in and it didn't. I noticed that my pci cards were on the desk when I got the system to run, took them out and it worked.... and then promptly froze. The headache continued, including a trip back to the original error mentioned, it then began freezing the in boot menu, then before that, and now the system wont boot at all. All it does is beep through the system speaker until I cut the power. I suspect it may be a physical issue on the motherboard, but could be wrong.

I have tried multiple hard drives and have attempted to boot from my windows disk without any luck.

Lyxtwing

I think it was a four beep pattern. It has stopped making it, and now powers on for about a second and a half and then resets.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Boot fully naked - cpu and hsf, 1 stick of ram, gpu, no hdd on the motherboard's box. Make sure both board's connectors are properly connected, and that the GPU has the right connectors too.

Lyxtwing

Tried the naked boot. Same problem. It gets as far as making a kind of buzzing sound and spins the fans, and then shuts off and does it again a couple seconds later. Seems to be dieing a little more every time I test something heheh.