What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New case Cosmos s power switch problems

jusdrink

i purchased a new cosmos s case, and installed the 24pin ext. cable when i hook up the power sw to the power sw on the motherboard the computer turns on and then turns off 3 seconds later. by itself. so the only way to turn my computer is to plug the pwer sw in and then pull it out then the computer runs no problem. i already sent a part request from coolmaster. any ideas? please help i know this is a regular from from other people just want to make sure im not doing anything wrong. the light lights up also and the hd light works. i have build many different pcs but never had this problem before. any help will be greatly appreciated!
my system build consists of: evga 780iftw mb corsair 1000hx.

stoanee

Folding Team
Assuming you have only replaced the case and this happened I think the switch is stuck in the on position.. I have started computers out of the case by finding the prongs on the mobo that plug into the power switch and jumped them using something conductive. (being careful not to touch anything else) If this works then the switch in the case is probably defective.

Latest posts