What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New chair

IRQ Conflict

Hey guy's. My really old office chair finally broke after about 20 years of service. Not bad for a cheapo 150.00 dollar chair. So now I am on the hunt for a better one. The wife and I have been looking at this one: La-Z-Boy Elbridge.

If you know of anything better or have experience with this chair/company would you chime in with any info or suggestions about it or maybe a better one? Much appreciated.

Vittra

My suggestions are to look into the Steelcase Leap, Humanscale Freedom Headrest, or the Haworth Zody. If a store has any of these available for you to see in person, take advantage of this to see if any are right for you.

You can then keep an eye on kijiji and see if there's any new stock or slightly used chairs being sold in your area at significantly reduced price. The mesh backing chairs are very obvious if they've been used - the mesh should be taut, if you press it down there should not be significant slack or give.

I am curious at how effective that lumbar cushion is of that DXracer chair. The excellent independently adjustable lumbar on my Haworth Zody leaves me dubious to other methods nowadays.

Unxetas

I sit on an herman miller aeron 8-12 hours a day - it's definitely worth spending the money on something that fits you perfectly if you're gonna be sitting in it for a good amount of time every day. At home, I just have a cheap Staples mesh thing, not fantastic by any measure, but fine for the 5 or 6 hours a week I spend in it :)

Latest posts

Twitter