What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Comp, no boot

Jonesy

Hi,
Just build my new computer tonight, specs are:
Asus M3N-ht Delux/mempipe
XFX 9800GTX
OCZ Nvidia SLI 4GB
Cooler master 750w Real power pro

When I power it on the psu will cycle, all fans on and off for a little bit then they will go stable but nothing will happen, black screen. On the first boot attempt this occured but after the fans became stable I was able to get into the bios. I didnt ajust anything while I was in the bios, Just exited w/o saving.

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Thanks,
Scott

bojangles

Check the connection of the PSU cables to the graphics card and make sure the card is seated properly in the PCI-E slot. Check if there are any issues with the DVI cables, i.e. loose pins or not connected all the way. Try using one memory stick as well. This usually solves a lot of problems to see which stick could be faulty.

Jonesy

Issue resolved.:clap: I stripped the comp, reconnected everything, reset the cmos and all was good. Thanks for the quick reply bojangles. It has been so long since I was up on computers that I guess I kinda got worried too quickly. that and a bad day lol.

Twitter