What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New computer chair

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Looking for advice on a new chair. I've got an 8 year old Serta chair from Best Buy that really hasnt stood up well.

I just want a comfy chair. No speakers or the like, but adjustments are always good. I've watched quite a few streamers on twitch with the racing style chairs of various brands but I wouldnt know where to begin with whats good and whats just marketing "RGB" garbage of the chair world. Budget isnt a big concern. Comfort is. From quick googling Nobel brand seems to be where to start for comparison?

lowfat

Staff member
So your budget being not being a big concern, does that mean $1000+ isn't a big deal? Either way buy new/used task chair. IMO don't fall for the 'gaming chair' crap. If you go to Calgary, you can find tons of Herman Miller Aeron / Mirra's for $300 or less. Steelcase Leaps are also fantastic chairs. They'll last significantly longer and are far better for posture. My Aeron is 9+ years old and it still is in fantastic shape. Still like 2 years of warranty left too.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-chair-recli...00/1341760005?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true in St Albert. Listing is 2 weeks old tho.

Lysrin

Agree with lowfat. I have a floor demo model Aeron chair at home (read cheaper than new) and Steelcase Leap at work. I think for my size I like the Leap a tiny bit better, but not much. Both excellent chairs and the Aeron warranty is amazing. I got a new cylinder for mine and the tech came to my house and installed it!! Not cost to me at all.

zoob

Really enjoying Leap v2 here. Miles above any of those cheap $99 chairs from Staples or Ikea.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
So your budget being not being a big concern, does that mean $1000+ isn't a big deal? Either way buy new/used task chair. IMO don't fall for the 'gaming chair' crap. If you go to Calgary, you can find tons of Herman Miller Aeron / Mirra's for $300 or less. Steelcase Leaps are also fantastic chairs. They'll last significantly longer and are far better for posture. My Aeron is 9+ years old and it still is in fantastic shape. Still like 2 years of warranty left too.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-chair-recli...00/1341760005?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true in St Albert. Listing is 2 weeks old tho.

Ad is gone :(

I'll keep my eye out for sure. Obviously if I can save hundreds of dollars I'm down for that, but $225 would have been sweet for a nice chair. If I have to spring on a new one, we'll. So be it.

Lysrin

Sagath, I mentioned this before in another thread, I got mine by calling local dealers and asking if they had used. In the end they had the demo model from previous year they sold me for $550 I believe it was. Good price for an Aeron.

Prickly007

I am torn between repairing my chair (duct tape isn't holding the one wheel in place any more) and upgrading to a nicer chair.... For the Aeron chairs, what size do people have? Sizes B and C seem awfully similar.

Lysrin

I have the biggest, C I believe. I am 6'4", 225 lbs though, for reference. Big thing for me was making sure the seat cylinder went high enough for ergonomics in my setup.

ipaine

One thing I want to mention is while I agree with them on the Aeron and Steelcase chairs, there is something that I like more about my Clutch Throttle "gaming" chair and that is the reclining ability. If I only used this chair for sitting upright at my desk then sure the others mentioned would be better, but since I watch some TV/movies here, I like the recline and relaxing feel of the high back I get that you just don't with those.

But I would love to have one in my office where I can only do minor reclining.

Latest posts