What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New computer, new crashes

Robscix

Fans have to be used correctly. Do you have the fans creating airflow through the case? Pulling in cool air and getting rid of the hot air?
That is how I do it....

Shadowmeph

I am actually thinking that it keeps crashing because you are ( mostlikely) running 32bit games / software on a 64 bit system I know it sounds too simple but I have heard of allot of people running 64bit systems and having all kinds of problems trying to run 32 bit software I would try to push a 64 bit piece of software and see what happens I have a feeling that it won't crash then

Asspigeon

Asspigeon

I know it has to do with temperature because the system is rock solid when I have my desk fan pointed at the side, no crashes, ever.

Robscix

OK, but what part is overheating to the point of crash?
Did you build this rig yourself? Perhaps you need to re-seat the HSF on the CPU. not sure actually. I just built a new rig and I am very glad it ran perfect since the build day.
I hate troubleshooting issue like yours.

Asspigeon

As you can see, my CPU and 8800 temps are well within normal. My system temps are almost double my CPU which is just wrong. I'm not sure if this is happing because of poor airflow (I doubt it considering the temperature of my other components) or because I have a faulty mobo. You would think 7x 120mm fans would be enough to cool the mobo down but apparently not. I have already spent $40 on fans that I didn't really need so I am thinking about RMAing the motherboard.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that these temps were taken when idle so, as you can imagine, when the 8800 starts crunching, the system temp heads north of 50c.

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Maybe something's up with your Vista install? Have you tried reformatting?

Seems only heat-related stuff has been asked so far, and your temps seem quite nice to me.

Latest posts

Twitter