What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New computer, new crashes

Robscix

That could have definitely been your issue. Just RMA the mobo, it has been enough of a headache for you.:shok: I just built a system not even two weeks ago and I was ready for troubleshooting. I was pleasantly surprised when the machine started up fine and ran fine ever since. I am very surprised. there is usually something that is wrong... Good luck with your RMA.

Babrbarossa

Website
www.unbf.ca
Robscix is right- I just can't help but digging until I find out what's wrong- at least now you can make a specific complaint when you RMA and you know that it's not something you did wrong. Even if you can get it seated nicely, there could already be some silicon migration due to the heat and you should still send it back to the jerks. Mobo manus have to get their act together on quality control for the heatsink seatings- it seems to be a common problem.

Asspigeon

Yes I used AS5 on the heatsinks. This is going to be even more of a headache than normal because I am going to have to RMA my CPU cooler as well, the backplate for my Tuniq Tower is stuck to the bottom of the mobo. The really depressing thing is I had a similar problem with my old Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, the mobo heatsink was loose and I got similar crashes whenever I had both cards (7950GT x2) in and it got too hot out.

So from my original NCIX order I am going to have to RMA 3 things:

- defective Corsair ram
- overheating motherboard
- CPU cooler

Depressing to say the least! One final question, how many times can you clean/reseat a Q6600? I must have already done it 4~6 times trying to figure out all of the problems I have been having with this build. I'm afraid that I am going to bend a pin somewhere and end up spending another $300 on a new one.

sswilson

Staff member
Yes I used AS5 on the heatsinks. This is going to be even more of a headache than normal because I am going to have to RMA my CPU cooler as well, the backplate for my Tuniq Tower is stuck to the bottom of the mobo. The really depressing thing is I had a similar problem with my old Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, the mobo heatsink was loose and I got similar crashes whenever I had both cards (7950GT x2) in and it got too hot out.

So from my original NCIX order I am going to have to RMA 3 things:

- defective Corsair ram
- overheating motherboard
- CPU cooler

Depressing to say the least! One final question, how many times can you clean/reseat a Q6600? I must have already done it 4~6 times trying to figure out all of the problems I have been having with this build. I'm afraid that I am going to bend a pin somewhere and end up spending another $300 on a new one.
Since you're RMA'ing the motherboard you have no worries.... the fragile bits on S775 are the pins on the motherboard socket. I've seen suggestions that they're only considered good for around 15 CPU installations before they start to wear out.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I'm up to 21 CPU installations (and still counting) on my DS3L - no problems to report.

Yet.

Latest posts

Twitter