What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Forum Bug Reports & Suggestions

Shadowmeph

I think I am starting to get used to it the new posts button and the amounbt of new posts seem off but thats probably me but I seem the remember that there was also a last page or last post button which I liked made it easier to go top the last page or post its no biggy again will tale a little getting used to oh and where is the Beaver :)

moocow

For threads with multiple pages, if you click on the thread title, it takes you to the last page instead of the first page. Not sure if this is a bug or feature. Either way, I preferred the old behavior where you are taken to the first page. If I need to jump directly to the last 3 pages, I have the page links under the thread title.

Dwayne

For threads with multiple pages, if you click on the thread title, it takes you to the last page instead of the first page. Not sure if this is a bug or feature. Either way, I preferred the old behavior where you are taken to the first page. If I need to jump directly to the last 3 pages, I have the page links under the thread title.
I believe it takes you to the first unread message, not the last page. One click from there gets you to any page you like.

Sagath

Staff member
I dont believe this is a 'bug' per se, but a new 'feature'. ;) Its not taking you to the last page, its taking you to the latest unread post, if you're using the new posts option.

When I browse the forums and click on a random multi-page post it takes me to post #1.

moocow

So how do I revert back to the old post option? I checked my preference page and I don't see anything that jumps out as obvious setting. There are some threads that I never read before and it takes me to the very last post which is kind of annoying. Also, for BST threads, I would like to see what items were added instead of seeing the latest "bump".

lowfat

Staff member
Every forum will be like this unless the forum is broken. Clicking the link will bring you to the last unread post. The problem w/ the old site was that it would make the entire forum as read when you left and returned to the forum.

But I do think that the page numbers should list page 1 always.

crazyea

I personally like the forums that take you to the first page, but also have a tiny icon next to the thread title that takes you to the first unread. Best of both worlds.

Latest posts

Twitter