What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Forum Bug Reports & Suggestions

Sagath

Staff member

sswilson

Staff member
Holy hell these ads are ridiculous
Which ones? Gav just asked us about what he called "leaderboard" ads which I'm assuming are the ones that just started showing up in between posts.

OTOH.... the two main ads (banner and sidebar) seem absolutely convinced that I need to meet "beautiful Polish women" or that I should check out a particular dating site that has "traditional and conservative" ladies who are just itching to hear from me.... :)

I had to double check to ensure that I've turned off personalized google ads as I was wondering what sites I was visiting that were triggering those specific ads... (I have it turned off... these are showing up randomly based on "time of day, location, and website".... :)

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about that. We enabled a new option for Google optimized ads and it's not working as intended. There should only be one 728x90 leaderboard and a 300x250 ad. Will get it sorted. (y)

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, changes have been made not sure exactly how long until they update but hopefully in the next 12hrs.

Lysrin

The ads in the threads are not my fav. :)
Have to agree with that. First time they showed up for a couple of seconds I thought they were something someone had linked in their post! Definitely clutters up the thread reading imo.

Latest posts

Twitter