What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Forum Bug Reports & Suggestions

Entz

I must say I wasn't expecting this ... Nice to see the main website actually being updated!

Forums will take some getting used to , but I don't really mind. +1 for sticking with a dark mode.

Though I must say, if you had that much content ready to go months ago, why not update it :confused:

Speaking of which, some pages are missing content or the video, i.e. https://hardwarecanucks.com/news/ryzen-3700x-best-overclocking-potential/

Testing some stuff below. I like the ability to resize photos inline.

sqtko.jpg
sqtko.jpg

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
I think you have to hit the quote button on all the messages you want to quote and then click the "insert Quotes" button on the bottom of the screen and it should work

Mr. Friendly

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but if you use the drop-down "what's new" menu and select "new posts" there's an option at the upper R/H that marks the whole forum as read.
that did work...not as simple/intuitive as the previous option, but works.

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
Though I must say, if you had that much content ready to go months ago, why not update it :confused:

Speaking of which, some pages are missing content or the video, i.e. https://hardwarecanucks.com/news/ryzen-3700x-best-overclocking-potential/

Unfortunately our old system was extremely convoluted. We used to post reviews in vbulletin with a custom theme way back when and then switched to Wordpress for the front end. Migrating content from vbulletin to Wordpress was extremely complicated do unfortunately with the old reviews, that's about as good as it's going to get, unless we find some free time to update them.

For the new content, it's not really something we have been sitting on, we just didn't want to post new content into our old system that would be very time consuming to them move again.

Hope that made sense.

sswilson

Staff member
I must say I wasn't expecting this ... Nice to see the main website actually being updated!

Forums will take some getting used to , but I don't really mind. +1 for sticking with a dark mode.

Testing some stuff below. I like the ability to resize photos inline.

View attachment 26762
View attachment 26762
I think you have to hit the quote button on all the messages you want to quote and then click the "insert Quotes" button on the bottom of the screen and it should work

Ahhhhh.... I see batman! It works, but I sure as hell wouldn't call that intuitive... :)

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
that did work...not as simple/intuitive as the previous option, but works.
Ya, we're going to give it a few days and see how it goes. I see a few other forums changed the label of that feature to make it more intuitive. I definitely didn't get it the first time.

Lysrin

Very pleased to see the update! Love the dark mode and the fact that it works on mobile. Haven't used it enough yet for suggestions but thanks for the update!

crazyea

Personally, I wouldnt mind a theme with the older color scheme and logo. I'm 45 now and my eyes are not so great with these dark themes.

Entz

Unfortunately our old system was extremely convoluted. We used to post reviews in vbulletin with a custom theme way back when and then switched to Wordpress for the front end. Migrating content from vbulletin to Wordpress was extremely complicated do unfortunately with the old reviews, that's about as good as it's going to get, unless we find some free time to update them.

For the new content, it's not really something we have been sitting on, we just didn't want to post new content into our old system that would be very time consuming to them move again.

Hope that made sense.
Yes totally!

A few suggestion(s):

- It is possible to have the whats new bar always visible? or a modification of it. R2R just did the same move and i find it is super useful.header-2.png
This is how they did it.
header.png

- Maybe it is just me , but I keep hitting home and thinking thats the forum home. Maybe it is just muscle memory, but if its not just me can it stay here :whistle:

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
Personally, I wouldnt mind a theme with the older color scheme and logo. I'm 45 now and my eyes are not so great with these dark themes.

This is something we can look at in the coming months (y)