What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Forum Bug Reports & Suggestions

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
Yes totally!

A few suggestion(s):

- It is possible to have the whats new bar always visible? or a modification of it. R2R just did the same move and i find it is super useful.View attachment 26765
This is how they did it.
View attachment 26764

- Maybe it is just me , but I keep hitting home and thinking thats the forum home. Maybe it is just muscle memory, but if its not just me can it stay here :whistle:

I'll look at making that change and I agree with the breadcrumbsl. That one keeps getting me as well 😄

anabioz

What just happened. Did the site get hacked?

I would prefer a 'light theme' to be available as well. I am all of changes but drastic changes like these tend to backfire without a 'backwards' compatibility scenarios.

Lots of us would prefer a light theme, please let us know how to enable that.

Cheers.

crazyea

A couple months kind of worries me. lol. I know it's not my site, and maybe I'm even in the minority, but I hope it could be addressed sooner.

I don't know if anyone else gets me, but I kind of get a double vision effect when viewing light text on darker backgrounds.

Anyway, The front page looks quite good. I wonder if there's a way to integrate the review content, etc onto the forum area as I always come straight to the forum. I see it shows latest posts, etc but maybe expanding this to show latest reviews, articles and more.

sswilson

Staff member
What just happened. Did the site get hacked?

Nope... new site design.... :)

As far as a different background goes... there is a "background chooser" option in the upper R/H and it does indeed open a window with different background selections, but it doesn't appear to allow those selections to stick.

sswilson

Staff member
A couple months kind of worries me. lol. I know it's not my site, and maybe I'm even in the minority, but I hope it could be addressed sooner.

I don't know if anyone else gets me, but I kind of get a double vision effect when viewing light text on darker backgrounds.

Anyway, The front page looks quite good. I wonder if there's a way to integrate the review content, etc onto the forum area as I always come straight to the forum. I see it shows latest posts, etc but maybe expanding this to show latest reviews, articles and more.

You should see a sidebar at the right (I'm assuming that location can be changed, but that's where it defaulted for me) that has the latest youtube vid, a selection of the most recent posts, and a box for the twitter feed. The twitter feed box is scrollable and would include links to all of the most recent reviews.

crazyea

It's an ad block issue. It disabled ad block and now I see them. But now I see Hulu ad's and I'm pretty sure I can't subscribe to Hulu in Canada. lol

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team

I mentioned a couple months as I don't want to promise something in a timeline I can't deliver. It was also based on not knowing how many issues were going to pop up with this new forum and the fact i've never tried to setup multiple themes yet.

That being said, there haven't been too many issues reported so hopefully I can look into that much sooner.

We also plan to integrate new review content into the forum so look for that coming soon.

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
It's an ad block issue. It disabled ad block and now I see them. But now I see Hulu ad's and I'm pretty sure I can't subscribe to Hulu in Canada. lol

Sorry, just a place holder. Will be swapping out both the ad spots later today (y)

Latest posts

Twitter