What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Forum Bug Reports & Suggestions

sswilson

Staff member
Hopefully Gav will pipe in, but I suspect it might not be good news. I know they spent a hell of a lot of time trying to get content from the old forums to transfer over to the new format but that some content was lost and/or just couldn't be transferred over.

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
Hi,

I don't know whether this is a bug in the "new" forum or a longstanding issue but all the archived reviews under "Forums -> NEWS & REVIEWS" are missing their images. This makes many of them useless as the benchmark data the review talks about was only present in now missing pictures.

Is there any possibility that this might be fixed?
We're aware and slowly picking away at it but unfortunately it takes a back seat to putting up new content. As you can imagine, it was pretty upsetting losing all that data during the migration to the new forum software but what can you do. :(

FreeKnight

More of a site than a forum problem, but noticed that the link to the forum on the main page seems to have disappearedimage_2020-12-09_111743.png

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
We've temporarily removed it to fix a few things. Will have it back up as soon as we can. (y)

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
But that's how I get here! I look at the front page to see what's new, and then click to get to the forum. Now I have to add /forum/ to my address bar like 4 times a day. Or add another link to favorites I guess. 💩

FreeKnight

But that's how I get here! I look at the front page to see what's new, and then click to get to the forum. Now I have to add /forum/ to my address bar like 4 times a day. Or add another link to favorites I guess. 💩
I do the same. There is still a link at the very bottom of the page though

Cannon Fodder

Yup, I get here the same way too, but I guess 'til it's fixed, we'll just have to STRUGGLE through, by adding more to the URL, or scrolling WAAAAY down to the bottom! ;)

geokilla

Not a forum suggestion, but more of a video request. May Hardware Canucks do a video on the state of inflated PC component prices in Canada and the shortages? I feel we have it worse compared to USA. It's definitely not a good time to build a new computer and Black Friday has passed, but it'd be nice if you can put out a video comparing an Intel based system and AMD based system in the $1.5k price bracket, using today's prices from retailers and not MSRP. There's some really sweet deals right now on Intel for example whereas it seems to be difficult getting anything AMD. Then for GPUs, it's even worse.

Would also be nice to do a comparison between Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge and modern PC set ups if possible. A lot of us are still rocking systems from that era and are itching for an upgrade, but it's hard to see what kind of performance increase we can expect as reviews on YouTube rarely do such comparisons.