What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New gaming PC build, upgrading/replacing Intel i5 2500K

djbrad

Is there any low profile kit in the list? Planning to build an itx system when the 5700g is out, I am restricted by my heatsink for the ram.

sswilson

Staff member

iSimple

Is that kit dual rank?

I don’t care about RGB so I don’t want to pay a premium for those RAM

side note: I emailed gskill asking if they have a list of dual rank kits

sswilson

Staff member
Is that kit dual rank?

I don’t care about RGB so I don’t want to pay a premium for those RAM

side note: I emailed gskill asking if they have a list of dual rank kits

Unfortunately, there don't appear to be any reviews on the 32GB kit (there's only one review on the .com site but it's on the 16GB kit). That said, the timings are the same as the ones on the D50s, so it wouldn't be a stretch to "assume" they're the same sticks with a different heat spreader. If they're not DR you can always return them to Amazon stating that they aren't compatible (I did this with a set of Ballistix sticks a few weeks ago through their chat and the process was relatively painless).

Good luck with getting a clear answer out of CSR, folks have been trying and in many cases CSR just doesn't know, or the product has changed from when the specs were written up.

iSimple

Its been a while since i updated the thread.
But my build is almost complete! (Missing GPU, reusing my old 7970 until prices drop to MSRP or so)

In the end i ended up with these parts which im pretty happy so far.

AMD 5600X $486
Noctua NH-12S $97
ASUS B550-F Wifi Gaming $115
32GB RipJaws DDR4-3600 (F4-3600C16D-32GVKC) $237 I can confirm these are DUAL RANK. They are Hynix chips incase anyone is wondering
ASUS 7970 DirectCU II
1TB WD SN550 $147
Phanteks P400A $123
Corsar RM650x $136

2.jpeg

1.jpeg

iSimple

Been playing around with RAM OC past couple days as i finally got received a new G Skill RAM kit as my first one was defective.

Capture.PNG

iSimple

7970 8gb ?? those are only 3GB card and its big brother 7990 6GB Dual DPU 2x 3GB..

I made a mistake in the OP, fixed it now.
Your right its only 3GB card.

pkj.png

r0k0

Folding Team
haha all good, i was on the lookout now for a 8gb rare model 7970 :p i already have the sexy ghost edition 7990 :p

Latest posts