What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New "Gaming" Rig To Replace Ivy Bridge

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.... somebody needs a USB hub. :)

Is the back of that storage area open? I'd be a little concerned about hot exhaust air pooling inside the enclosure.

geokilla

Heh.... somebody needs a USB hub. :)

Is the back of that storage area open? I'd be a little concerned about hot exhaust air pooling inside the enclosure.
The back is open yes. Ideally I have it sitting on my desk or under the desk like everyone else but that's a waste when my table is still in perfect usable condition lol

sswilson

Staff member
If the back is open then you'll be fine.

I always cringe when I see "computer" desks with fully enclosed areas for PC towers. Reminds me of the early days of PC integration for AC maintenance paperwork in the military.... One of the first PCs we got kept failing within a few weeks.... the fact that the tower was installed in a locked cabinet with zero airflow had a lot to do with that..... :)

geokilla

If the back is open then you'll be fine.

I always cringe when I see "computer" desks with fully enclosed areas for PC towers. Reminds me of the early days of PC integration for AC maintenance paperwork in the military.... One of the first PCs we got kept failing within a few weeks.... the fact that the tower was installed in a locked cabinet with zero airflow had a lot to do with that..... :)
Yea this desk is at least 20 years old. One of the keyboard trays is broken and not being a handyman, I don't know how to fix it lol. I assume I just need to drill it through with some wood screws or something to hold the tray back in place.

Latest posts