What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Gaming Rig

enaberif

The reason i wanted to get the P5E3 is cuz of teh X48 chipset, i was thinking if adding another 280 video when its price drops below 100. but that will be an sli setup, now what do i do? i am changing the list as we speak, changed my audio to Asus xonar and cpu to e8400. more advice on the mb plz

X48 hasn't proven itself yet and the P45 chipset is a great one. SLI/Crossfire? Not really needed. With single gpus these days capable of running a 24" monitor just fine theres no need to spend the extra money.

kING4000

This is my setup so far:

Case - Coolermaster Cosmos S Black
Motherboard - ASUS P5Q-E
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Memory - Mushkin Ascent PC2-8500 4GB 2X2GB
Hard Drive - Segate 500 GB
PSU - Corsair TX750W
Video - BFG GeForce GTX 280
Audio – Asus Xonar
Optical Drive - LG GBW-H20L Black
CPU Cooling - OCZ Vendetta 2
Keyboard - Logitech Wave
Mouse - Logitech MX Revolution
Monitor - Samsung Syncmaster 2253BW

can some one explain this to me plz :

[FONT=&quot]When installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Hence, a total installed memory of less than 3GB is recommended[/FONT]

enaberif

This is my setup so far:

Case - Coolermaster Cosmos S Black
Motherboard - ASUS P5Q-E
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Memory - Mushkin Ascent PC2-8500 4GB 2X2GB
Hard Drive - Segate 500 GB
PSU - Corsair TX750W
Video - BFG GeForce GTX 280
Audio – Asus Xonar
Optical Drive - LG GBW-H20L Black
CPU Cooling - OCZ Vendetta 2
Keyboard - Logitech Wave
Mouse - Logitech MX Revolution
Monitor - Samsung Syncmaster 2253BW

can some one explain this to me plz :

[FONT=&quot]When installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Hence, a total installed memory of less than 3GB is recommended[/FONT]

:thumb:

Pretty much the general "standard" system recommended now for gamers.

What they are saying is that in a 32bit environment your OS will show 4gb but you'll have anywhere between 2.5-3.5gb of actual memory to use after hardware adressing.

This is why some people switch to a x64 OS but even with a x64 OS you still end up with the same sort of problem.

So most people just say stick with 32bit.

kING4000

if i want to build a 64bit system to utilize 4 gig of mem, do i need a 64bit cpu and a 64bit os? or just the os? does 32 bit softwares work on 64bit os?

enaberif

if i want to build a 64bit system to utilize 4 gig of mem, do i need a 64bit cpu and a 64bit os? or just the os? does 32 bit softwares work on 64bit os?

What I'm saying is there is no need for 64bit unless you run more than 4gb of ram which of course is pointless for most people.

kING4000

am i missing anything to make this a kick ass build? because i will be ordering them 2morrow.........

where should i get the stuff? direct canada or ncix? which has free shipping and stuff?

thanks guys appreciate ur advice

Latest posts