What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New GPU3/Fermi Projects P6800+P6811

geokilla

So memory clocks affect GPU3? Wow that really sucks.

Someone should report it at Folding Forum if they haven't already done so.

sswilson

Staff member
So far the only GPU3 WU(s) that seem to be affected are the 6811s. Might be why a lot of factory OC cards are crapping out though.

ilya

Yep. It was the memory overclock. Folded two WU's completely fine since dropping down to stock memory.

2004 (stock) = stable 6811's. 2100 = Unstable. Who knew. Wonder if this means I can overclock the core now again.....

As for the memory usage, 219 megs on this particular WU. (P:6811 R:0 C:514 G:32)
Wow, 219MB, not much compared to some of the ones I got but still pretty big. Stanford wasn't kidding when they said 6811's would be the biggest GPU WU's ever. Would also explain why people are getting boosts from memory overlocks.

Sagath

Staff member
Wow, 219MB, not much compared to some of the ones I got but still pretty big. Stanford wasn't kidding when they said 6811's would be the biggest GPU WU's ever. Would also explain why people are getting boosts from memory overlocks.

Boosts? I cant even overclock my memory or it shits out...Are you telling me people trying to fold these 6811's with gtx460's are able to overclock the memory and do so sucessfully?

Ilya, I'm wondering if there is some confusion about these WU's. For clarity sake; 6811 and 6800 are two seperate WU's and not related to each other (ala 68xx unit). The 6811's right now are -advmethods only, and seem to be very taxing on the Fermi Cards.

Sagath

Staff member
I've now got my previously-known core stable overclock (872) back up and running, with stock RAM this time. It completed the 6811 WU fine for the past couple hours at a TPF of about 5:30.

I'm very happy to say the least.

sswilson

Staff member
Any further updates on this? Still happily folding along at the higher core clocks?

If this is working for you, somebody should drop a note or two over at the FAH forums.

Sagath

Staff member
Any further updates on this? Still happily folding along at the higher core clocks?

If this is working for you, somebody should drop a note or two over at the FAH forums.
Yes. I had to drop it down a bit, similar to the 6800's when they came out it just wont do as high of an overclock, but its chugged along for 2 WU's now at 850 without issues.

I'll drop a note over at the [email protected] forums later tonight with my findings and let the masses know. :thumb:

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter