What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New gpus from nvidia?

masterboxbuilder

I just did a fresh install on my sytem, got a new 2tb hdd and while downloading drivers i noticed on the gpu list there is now a 730m ? Anyone know anything about this?

Attachments

• 730 m.jpg
    730 m.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 144

Slik

Nvidia is supposed to release a 700 series near the end of February. There is talk about a GeForce Titan model,that may or may not be the same card as a regular 700 series. Whatever it is,or whatever they call it,it should hit the streets by late March.

bliz

Yeah probably a modified fermi with more cuda cores for 2x more money or something like that...Just saying...

Soultribunal

Staff member
Being 700M that is there mobile division I don't think its the new desktop discrete GPU's yet. I could be wrong, it would be nice to be wrong.

-ST

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
It's a simple rebrand. The last two months had a ton of rebranding from both AMD and NVIDIA. This is all OEM-driven and doesn't apply to add-in cards available for individual purchase.

Slik

Either way,I'm getting one. The GeForce Titan, on the other hand,is supposed to sell for $900. That must be SOME card. If true,going SLI with the Titan will be very very expensive. Wait and see,I guess.

ShinraCorp

No thanks I'll stick with AMD, I trust my Canadian (or what's left of it lol) graphics engineers and architectures to deliver me great performance without breaking my wallet. To be honest I got a 6950 and I'm thinking of keeping it for another 2-3 years since I still play all the games on max at 1080p.

As for this 700 series, it's not really a surprise to anyone since they always release a new name graphics every year (whether or not it's better than previous generation is debatable)

Latest posts