What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New graphics card

Mibs

@GT7R,

Is the only reason you said a non-Ti GTX 560 because it would break the budget? I'm just wondering if you have had any issues with them since you said the non-reference 6850s are hot and loud.

GT7R

@GT7R,

Is the only reason you said a non-Ti GTX 560 because it would break the budget? I'm just wondering if you have had any issues with them since you said the non-reference 6850s are hot and loud.
It was just because of the budget, the 560Ti is an excellent card.

Sevada

Also, which brand (correct term?) of 460 would you guys recommend? MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA, ASUS...?

Sevada

XFX for second hand since they have the transferable warranty.
I am in Europe and I don't think same terms apply here so I think I'll go for a new one. Would you still recommend XFX?

EDIT: I checked their European website and it seems they don't have any nVidia products listed. Maybe they don't offer any nVidia cards in Europe...

Supergrover

I have had good experience with XFX, MSI, EVGA, ASUS but on the flip side I have also had to rma MSI, EVGA, and though I never rmaed it Asus (card died no warranty)

So 6 of one half a dozen of another, now if I am interested in a certain card, I find myself researching forum posts rather than reviews.

I will say that IMO cooler options , MSI's twinfrozer's, asus DCII's, ect are very appealing if sound is a issue. And if you plan on keeping the card for any length of time warranty and support for your area plays a factor too.

Personally I like to stick with top tier manufactures since if something goes wrong then things "can" be easier. Jetway RMA horrible. ugg

Sevada

Btw guys, what brand would you recommend for memory? Corsair? Is that a good one?

Last edited:

JJThomp

Corsair, Mushkin and G.Skill are all good
I recommend low profile ram... I have blocking ram slots with my cpu cooler. I have Mushkin blackline enhanced frostbyte and it is nice low profile ram with heat spreaders, also it is very cheap at $50 or less for an 8gb kit.