What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New GTX 780 Ti no video signal, need help!

Derelict77

Sorry, I mean that it boots into windows same as the 780 Ti. This I deduct from the fact that if I let it sit long enough, power down, then swap in the 5830 and boot up I am presented with the "windows did not shut down properly" screen.

The 8800GT and 780 Ti behave identically. No signal is ever sent to the monitor and it stays dark the entire time but the fans run. The motherboard VGA fault led stays lit for both the 8800GT and 780 Ti, indicating a problem.

Thanks for all the help by the way!

Derelict77

As for Lucid software, should I check for that with the 5830? I don't recall ever installing it and the OS on the machine is fresh as of this morning.

Derelict77

On a whim I iterated through all the available BIOS' for the motherboard and no luck. The "Main Display" option always resets to Auto from PCIE when I swap in the 780 Ti and "iGPU Initiation" stays disabled.

Not sure what else to try.

enaberif

On a whim I iterated through all the available BIOS' for the motherboard and no luck. The "Main Display" option always resets to Auto from PCIE when I swap in the 780 Ti and "iGPU Initiation" stays disabled.

Not sure what else to try.
I would RMA the board to be honest and start there.

Derelict77

Seems to the best option. Luckily for me the serial number on my card according to the Gigabyte RMA site was only valid for warranty from 01/01/0001-01/01/0001. Looks like I am over 2000 years out of warranty. If only I had acted sooner!

Derelict77

I did try all the BIOS versions that worked for the motherboard. There are 4 available on the ASUS site and the only one that did not work was the original, it came up with an "out of date image" error when I tried to flash it. The other three made no difference sadly.

For the GPU BIOS would I even be able to do it without the card having video output? I tried to run the 5830 in the main slot and the 780 in a secondary, but the 780 didn't show up in hardware detection.

Derelict77

Been in contact with Gigabyte tech support too and they sent me this, which is similar to what some members of this forum suggested, "Since the board does offer UEFI bios, please use the old card and enter the bios and make sure to set the PCI ROM Priority to Legacy mode then try this card again".

The problem is none of the BIOS versions I have tried offer this option for me. Looking here http://i45.tinypic.com/qohfma.jpg I see it should be under "Setup Mode" but I don't see those options at all. Here is what I have http://oi58.tinypic.com/105rzgx.jpg.

Maybe I am getting confused with the guru3D link provided earlier that mentioned UEFI/Legacy Boot option as a possible solution, but that is what is missing for me. PCI ROM Priority has been set to Legacy ROM every time on the other hand.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Have you had anybody else have a look at the bios options? Sometimes all it takes is a second set of eyes to see something we'd swear wasn't there a minute ago when we looked ourselves. :)

Twitter