What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New GTX 780 Ti no video signal, need help!

Derelict77

Nope, that is why I provided that screen shot as validation and in the hope that someone may know the answer to the where abouts of that option. The second link is taken from my actual BIOS to show where the "UEFI/Legacy Boot" option should be.

I agree with you though, every time I boot up the system I am hoping it's something minor that I have missed at the root of the problem, as can often be the case.

Bond007

Yeah the screen shots even show the same version. Don't know what to say....scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas now.

Maybe changing another bios setting allows that one to be accessed? I really don't know what else to say.

Derelict77

No worries, all the ideas have taught me lots even if a solution hasn't come about.

I'm going to head to the store I bought it at, NCIX, to see if I can exchange it for a different card without a restocking fee. Gigabyte support considers the card DOA even though it seems to be a compatibility issue, hopefully the vendor agrees.

enaberif

Page 3-1 in your manual talks about EZ Mode and Adanced mode for your BIOS. Enable the Advanced Mode and see if exists.

ZZLEE

IN EZ mode hit ( shorcut [ F3 ]

Graphics set up

Look in there ???

Derelict77

Sadly F3 does nothing in my EZ mode. None of the F keys bring up that configuration screen. But I am able to get to it in advanced mode and had tried changing those settings before to no avail.

Dzzope, the store I got the card from tested it and said it was fine.

Speaking of said store I returned the Gigabyte card and now have an ASUS 780 Ti card. Going to install it now and see what happens. Will report back.

sswilson

Staff member
Sounding more and more like one of those rare "these two pieces of kit don't play nice together in the sandbox" scenarios. The only other troubleshooting I can think of would be to try a different model of card (one that hasn't been installed on that motherboard) to see if the issue is just with 780ti cards, or if the motherboard refuses to play nice with any new (to it) video card.

Latest posts

Twitter