What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New HCF folding members please post here for intro and tag requests!

BrainEater

I just PM'd the boss for tags , for the both of you.

I know are there are some other new folders on the list .....anyone seen them actually post here ?

Osoesoteric

Haven't used my idle power for anything useful lately, time to change that.

Username: Osoesoteric

Just waiting on a passkey and I will start things up.

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
I'm back in for now. HWC's team number is 54196 if anybody cares to fold specifically for HWC.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Is there a way to specify covid-19 GPU folding? I saw the option to select the type of cpu folding (I'm actually on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to leave that running 24-7 but didn't see it for GPU folding, and the links from within the control panel don't appear to work for WU info.

edit: NVM, the web interface shows the GPU WU as being part of the coronavirus project, and seems to suggest that there might be some CPU ones as well.

Last edited:

lcdguy

Folding Team
Is there a way to specify covid-19 GPU folding? I saw the option to select the type of cpu folding (I'm actually on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to leave that running 24-7 but didn't see it for GPU folding, and the links from within the control panel don't appear to work for WU info.

edit: NVM, the web interface shows the GPU WU as being part of the coronavirus project, and seems to suggest that there might be some CPU ones as well.
no, you select ANY, they have been prioritizing covid-19 WU's. However from what i have read the number of donors connecting has increased 10 fold and thier WU servers are running out of WU's to assign. :)

Thought the teams number was 54196 ?

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
no, you select ANY, they have been prioritizing covid-19 WU's. However from what i have read the number of donors connecting has increased 10 fold and thier WU servers are running out of WU's to assign. :)

Thought the teams number was 54196 ?
Yeah, that's what it is. I mistyped it in the original post (it's been fixed).

Now I'm sitting at trying to upload the results of a gpu WU and it's hit 8 failed attempts.... should I be worried that it's not going to be a valid WU? The GPU is currently sitting idle, and I'm not even sure I want to continue with the CPU WUs.

edit: So yeah.... confirmed that they're having issues with the upload servers.... hope they get it resolved fairly quickly. They were reported about 1 1/2hrs ago.

edit2: Nope... looks like it was first reported yesterday and they're still down yet allowing the clients to download their first WU which will be their one and only if the servers don't get fixed?????

Last edited:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Haven't used my idle power for anything useful lately, time to change that.

Username: Osoesoteric

Just waiting on a passkey and I will start things up.
Welcome to the team! Make sure you check your spam.