What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New HCF folding members please post here for intro and tag requests!

BALISTX

Started folding today on the Dell Inspiron 1501. It doesn't seem to really slow down the performance of the laptop any when it's running the background.

Temps are around 68C. I may want to put the cooler under it.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Be careful Jerry... FYI: I too was folding with my Inspiron 6400, until it died. Motherboard, CPU and HDD all had to be replaced (under warranty). I honestly don't know if laptops are designed for such usage... and yes, the temps were fine, 65C-70C.

John

BALISTX

With the notebook cooler under it the temps have dropped down to between 64-66 but I may cut down the CPU usage to 70% and see what that does.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Still, keep a close eye on it. No need to burn hardware for folding here, especially when you're in the process of building a new rig!

Supergrover

magictorch

some quick advice

Hi,

Id like to get started on folding with a water-cooled core2 E6750 on a P5KE-MB. Only the cpu is watercooled so Im looking at using a spotfan on the NB and copper mosfets where they are not covered. Pretty basic really.

Anyway what would be the best client for a dualcore-hopefully one where I can adjust the cpu usage.

Also will my hardware give off any warning signs if I push it too far when folding? or will it just quietly run itself into the ground?

Hope you can help....:canadianwave:

stoanee

When I get this rig stable I will be able to cobble together a Q6600 rig for folding. It will be a bit of a dogs breakfast...but hey!:haha:

stoanee

Hi,

Id like to get started on folding with a water-cooled core2 E6750 on a P5KE-MB. Only the cpu is watercooled so Im looking at using a spotfan on the NB and copper mosfets where they are not covered. Pretty basic really.

Anyway what would be the best client for a dualcore-hopefully one where I can adjust the cpu usage.

Also will my hardware give off any warning signs if I push it too far when folding? or will it just quietly run itself into the ground?

Hope you can help....:canadianwave:
You should be able to run the windows smp client. Set it to 80%...should do fine with that. Run Core temp....you should be fine with a water cooled cpu.

Latest posts

Twitter