What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New HCF folding members please post here for intro and tag requests!

magictorch

not again

Ok I just lost progress on another WU-this time because I had taken too long on the SMP client which I had turned on and off according to demand.
How long do you normally get to complete an SMP WU?
-they seem pretty big. I think my dualcore only got through half of one in 8hrs total-only set to 90% at 3.2 for folding though while I see how it stresses the system. I can run 3.8 well enough but id rather keep the max for folding at 3.6 at 100%. Maybe I "need" a quadcore.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
It needs more time. Depending on the WU and the CPU, it may take upto 20 hours total to complete the WU. You could change the size of the WU in the FAH config. by selecting "small", but I never used it and I don't know what is the actual "size" of the "small" WU.

sswilson

Staff member
8 hours for half a WU @ 3.2 sounds about right. My E6420 was pumping out WUs around 14 hours @ 3.5.

Ogdin

Hey fellas,i was folding for MaximumPC for the last year but decided it was time to fold for the homeland.So here i am.:punk:

ipaine

Well just got back into the folding. Figured I better with that GPU client out now. And of course what better team to help out than this one.:biggrin:

Now one thing is kind of weird, since I checked the stats and I already have about 1540 WU done already, but very little for points. Actually I had 1533 WU done with no points earlier today, now that makes no sense to me.

vinister

I've just started folding with the GPU client.

Question, should I be running the gpu client AND a regular client? How do I force the client to use multiple gpus?

Latest posts

Twitter