What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New HCF folding members please post here for intro and tag requests!

Inik

Welcome :D

I had to stop for a bit. I installed a new soundcard yesterday, and I got 3 random BSOD while playing CS:S. I'll have to investigate before coming back to folding :p

cwestwell

I am noticing issues with Boinc on Vista 64 if I use the screen saver graphic display and after about an hour the monitor goes black like it's going to sleep and it will not come back on without a reboot...just sits scanning for input..I checked power settings and screen savers nothing wrong I disabled the graphic screen saver and no more issues....that sucks it is my favorite part of Boinc.

kruzn4evr

I just started folding last night, completed first WU, it read 0/2500 and it took awhile to reach 2500/2500....I have no idea what it means but now I have a 0/500 one working. I used the HWC group # , do I need a tag thingy?....I just have to figure out where to find the scores, HWC's and mine. Maybe eventually I'll figure out what the hell I'm actually doing...lol

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I just started folding last night, completed first WU, it read 0/2500 and it took awhile to reach 2500/2500....I have no idea what it means but now I have a 0/500 one working. I used the HWC group # , do I need a tag thingy?....I just have to figure out where to find the scores, HWC's and mine. Maybe eventually I'll figure out what the hell I'm actually doing...lol
Welcome to the Team - but with dual 280s, which Client are you using? I sure hope it's the GPU Client...

Alwaysrun

I installed the [email protected] GPU client last night and wow it's smoking my processor! I did 3 projects in the same time my CPU did one. I think I need a different client though, SMP or whatever its called so my processor uses both it's cores. Frankly I'm rather suprised that with a million people folding at home someone hasn't come up with a better all-in-one client. Now dosn't that other shared resource project Rosetta use that boink (ex spelling) and it takes care of everything in one proggy? Ohh and I tried [email protected] on my laptop last night..won't be using it thats for sure, it's way to slow and my laptop was way to hot this morning when I got up.