What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New HCF folding members please post here for intro and tag requests!

Nademon

Hey guys, I've joined the team as promised to Nademon in exchange for being included as a tester in the IC7 promo since I didn't meet the post count or membership term requirement. So I don't sound too apathetic or give the impression I'm only doing this for a tube of thermal compound, a little about me: I had considered running [email protected] on my old P4 but chose World Community Grid instead, which does a variety of distributed computing projects. Of course, now that I have a multicore and more than 512MB of RAM, I'm glad to fold for team HWC and help you fine folks and the global community out. I personally don't have a huge investment in the protein folding research as my family's lucky enough to not have any untreatable disorders as of yet. My uncle (my favorite one at that) has diabetes and I have chronic depression, though, and if I remember my Bio classes correctly, research in the nature of proteins could help just about every medical problem out there.

Good to join the team! I think I'll see if I can convince my school's tech teachers to make [email protected] a standard program :canadianwave:
Thanks bovine...I we really do appreciate your folding efforts and welcome to HWC team 54196. I'm sure you'll find the guys/gals here very supportive and there's a great friendly competition that's just addictive and fun to watch! The IC7 is the least I could do for someone that is willing to fold for this stellar community of enthusiasts!

zoob

Just joined the team as "bzhou"

Folding on my GTX285 !
Will toss it on to my Q9550 soon as well :)

Sagath

Staff member
Can someone give me an 'easy' walkthru on how to get this Q6600 beast folding on all 4 cores?:help:

Ive got my 8800gt folding away as we speak, but Ive got alot of unused ponies sitting here doing SFA that need some heat!:rtfm:

A linkey is fine, but every link Ive tried is complicated, or so it seems.:doh:

LCB001

Can someone give me an 'easy' walkthru on how to get this Q6600 beast folding on all 4 cores?:help:

Ive got my 8800gt folding away as we speak, but Ive got alot of unused ponies sitting here doing SFA that need some heat!:rtfm:

A linkey is fine, but every link Ive tried is complicated, or so it seems.:doh:
Make sure you install it at the root of your drive and not in the default Program Files 86x location to avoid permissions conflicts with vista
Turn off UAC
Run as administrator
Add the -smp flag to your shortcut at startup
Set the cpu usage at ~98% and priority at idle to leave cpu cycles for your gpu
Set the GPU priority slightly higher...

Latest posts

Twitter