What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New HCF folding members please post here for intro and tag requests!

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
You'll get used to both... takes me about 2 minutes to setup 2+1 Clients, and I don;t hear the noise anymore.

LCB001

Yup... but it's a pain to get both GPU's going. Not to mention the whine noise it's making. I think it's giving me a headache.
Turn your fans up higher it helps mask the whining noise, and then you can crank the shaders for more PPD...:biggrin:

Welcome to the Team, and our addiction...:haha:

netforce

I have a Dell 2709w, so i connected my HDMI to it to let me use the second GPU. Is there any way around that? I don't want to extend my desktop, and simply connecting it doesn't work very well.
I've been able to get 13000 PPD so far. If i figure out a way to maximize the cpu folding, i'll be golden.. so far i'm getting only ~800 PPD on my 4Ghz i7... is that low?

EDIT: After some overclocking... i'm now up to 18500 PPD :clap: ...and the whine is unbearable! Guess i'll just leave it running when i go to work.

Last edited:

SugarJ

Staff member
If VMware Server worked in Vista 64, it would be simple. 1 server, 1 ubuntu VM, 1 instance of FAH with -smp 8 flag. But it still doesn't have the signed drivers, sigh.

netforce

Wow... looks like the VMware folding is really stressing the CPU out. I have my I7 at 4Ghz with 1.27 vcore... i thought it was stable until i started folding with it. I guess i'll have to play around, and figure out if it's the memory or cpu that's causing BSOD. It runs fine for a couple hours before it crashes :(.

On a side note... how do i check my PPD for the VMware folding under linux?
My GTX 295 is giving me between 10k to 17k depending on the WU. I would love to know what my total would be.

Latest posts

Twitter