What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New HCF folding members please post here for intro and tag requests!

sswilson

Staff member
Good to have you aboard!!!

Make sure you head over to the tag request thread once your first WU shows up.

Bomberman07

just started folding with you guys!

is the client automatically folding on both my gpu and cpu?

Nademon

just started folding with you guys!

is the client automatically folding on both my gpu and cpu?
Welcome to the team! The client does not automatically fold on both GPU and CPU. You'll need to download to different clients to fold on both. You might want to start by checking out this thread:

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/543-folding-home-f-q.html

Then if you have any questions or need help, just ask one of us and we'll be glad to help you get setup. It'll help us help you if you list your folding hardware and OS too.

HoTiCE_

I started folding with my PS3 \g but don't see my name on the list on standford's site at

[email protected]

I've set up the team number and saw the HWC name come up in the interface...and also changed the generic name to my nick...

Is there any extra step i need to register with HWC's team?

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Welcome to our Team!

As for your points, it may take 24 hours at Stanford.

For your setup, did you follow the stickied guide? I'd like to help, but I don't own a PS3.

chrisk

Folding Captain
I started folding with my PS3 \g but don't see my name on the list on standford's site at

[email protected]

I've set up the team number and saw the HWC name come up in the interface...and also changed the generic name to my nick...

Is there any extra step i need to register with HWC's team?
Hey man welcome to the team!
I have a guide to setting up your PS3 for [email protected]:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/16288-quick-guide-using-your-ps3-folding-home.html

Take a look there, as something might have been missed. You might also want to double-check the [email protected] channel in Life With Playstation to ensure that:
1. The PS3 is actually folding
2. Username and team info are correct
3. Check the 'completed work units' to see if you have completed any as of yet.

If you check any of these things and still are stumped just create a thread or send a PM.

Chris

MithosMars

I just joined your team under the user name MithosMars. I'm new to folding and I'm excited about helping out a great cause.

Is it supposed to use 100% of my processor? I have it set to use 100% in the settings. It seems to only be using 15 - 30% of mine. I have an i7 920 OC @ 3.4GHz.