What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New HCF folding members please post here for intro and tag requests!

LCB001

I just joined your team under the user name MithosMars. I'm new to folding and I'm excited about helping out a great cause.

Is it supposed to use 100% of my processor? I have it set to use 100% in the settings. It seems to only be using 15 - 30% of mine. I have an i7 920 OC @ 3.4GHz.
Which client are you using ??

The 'classic' or uniprocessor client can only use one core at a time. If you're using the SMP client it can only use 4 cores and wll still not max out your cpu.

Your best bet is two[2] SMP instances for max points.

If you need more help start a new thread, there's lots of folks that will be glad to advise.

Welcome to the Team...

BrokenHalo83

I just joined under this username and downloaded the graphical client. What else can i do/download to get more points?

Lpfan4ever

Alright, I missed this thread when I applied for the tags. I fold under the name Gunny_Highway (Cookie for whoever can tell me where that's from), stats are here: [email protected]
I'm using this rig as a gaming/folding rig, and I do game quite a bit, so I'm using 4 Unicore clients for my Q9400 @ 3.6GHz so that I can still fold with 3 cores while playing my Source bssed games and 1-2 cores with newer games. Also, deadlines are longer so I don't have to worry that during gaming pausing one or two of them will cause a missed deadline. I also use the GPU2 client for my GTX260, which I believe what I'm going to start trying is folding with a small bit of power while gaming, instead of pausing the thing completely. I get (according to FahMON) aabout 6.5-7K PPD for the video card and a combined total of about 1.2K PPD when all four are running.

FtGF

Started folding last night!:thumb: Now I need some better GPUs...................

Waldie

Started folding a couple minutes ago, using my PS3. I would add my computer in the mix, too, but it's a crappy Dell laptop that crashes two or three times a day. Can't wait until exams are over and I can start working to save up for a good computer.

slisgrinder

wait, HWC has folding teams??? I didn't find out until today... well, I am folding with my computers and PS3... hopefully this will help somebody on our lonely blue planet...

Dwayne

Hi...my husband made me do this to help him win the GTX 285 video card.
Yes I did! Thanks wifey... we actually were folding with her machine last year but stopped when I change out her video card for an ATI. With the contest I figured it was time to fold again, and leave it folding when we can.

Latest posts

Twitter