What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New HCF folding members please post here for intro and tag requests!

bangegat

i just wanted to say Hi and also say that I am glad to start to finally get into this folding at home stuff. Ive been looking at it for a while but have only recently decided that I want to participate. My system runs idle too much anyway!

I definitely have got a lot to learn, as I know there are tons of tricks to getting the most folds per day but am looking forward to the challenge and helping out the team!

My folding name is CrazedChris0686

bwm

Welcome to the team!!. We're honored and pleased at. your decision to fold and to fold with us.
It's a little quiet around here most of the time, so it seems to me anyway, but I can assure you than
the technical help you may sometimes need is were and ready to help. Again, welcome!!

badatcards

i just wanted to say Hi and also say that I am glad to start to finally get into this folding at home stuff. Ive been looking at it for a while but have only recently decided that I want to participate. My system runs idle too much anyway!

I definitely have got a lot to learn, as I know there are tons of tricks to getting the most folds per day but am looking forward to the challenge and helping out the team!

My folding name is CrazedChris0686
Welcome to our little addiction babgegat. Way To Fold

vagnaar

Welcome to the team vagnaar:thumb:. The Stats pages that keep track of points is acting up and I dont see you on them yet but if FahMon or FahSpy say its working, Its workin. keep it upWay To Fold

Neat! not sure what you meant also i am definetly a n00b at this folding thing. i downloaded the thing but then what? I put in this team and then my tag

badatcards

Neat! not sure what you meant also i am definetly a n00b at this folding thing. i downloaded the thing but then what? I put in this team and then my tag
vagnaar you are folding, I see you on the team stats pages:thumb: (Bottom left of pic), Stanford had a problem with their servers and point were not being awarded to everyone, I still think their working on it. But everything is on a backup server and everything is being recorded they just have to update everyone's stats 1 at at time. I see you have a Q6600 to. I think you maybe running the original CPU client that gave me 200-400PPD but since the VMware came out know one uses the original client because the VMware gets a lot more ppd. It could still be the stats servers acting up but I think you might want to switch to the VMware:punk:, Start a new thread if you need any help with anything, Most of what you need to know is probably in a Sticky thread but dont be afraid to ask for help.

Here is a quick rundown of what you may need:thumb:.

Top right is FahMon, Its for keeping track of your F@H clients progress and PPD (Points Per Day),ETA of WU (Work Unit),WU point credit. If you get a bad WU and bad PPD it will show it. FahSpy does the same.

Top left of pic I'm running 1 GPU client, GTX 260 gets about 7000-8000PPD. (I only used the NVIDIA F@H Viewer for the pic, It slows down everything if left open)

Top center on the pic is Precision, It keeps track of the GPUs temperatures and allows you to adjust the fan speed if your temps get to high, 90c is hot but most say ok but I would not let it get their. You can also adjust your Shader clock for max PPD but thats more for advanced folders or people that know what their doing with computers.

Center of pic is my CPU VMware client, I have a Q6600 Quad that can run 2 clients, 2 cores per client (Only one shown) of the old VMware client.Getting about 3000-3500PPD. The new VMware client only needs 1 client that uses all 4 cores and gets more PPD.

Bottom right is Core Temp, It keeps track of my CPU Core temps. Anything under 70c is ok.

Dont forget to keep a eye on your temps. WTF Way To Fold Keep it up

Attachments

• F@H temps and points.jpg
    F@H temps and points.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 130

Technokat

hey guys i just joined the team the other day. Folding as Technokat.

Can someone explain to me what i am doing wrong with my sig? i cant get the damn folding stat box thingie to work

bwm

Inside the box where you put your siggy stuff in your profile, but the following:

{foldingstats}Technokat{/foldingstats}

replace the { and } with [ and ] and you're good to go

bwm

Looking good now, and welcome dude. Display it with pride. And convenience of course.
If there is a more usefull one out there somewhere, I sure haven't seen it yet LOL.
Just remember that it will be behind Stanford's posted stats more often than not,
but its main use, for me anyway, is a quick and easy for I and a few others to spot problems when/if
they occur on my gear and take care of it when I'm not available.

Goalieman077

Time for me to join the group, going to be doing some bigadv folding for you guys and maybe setting up q dedicated rig soon enough. Gotta finish 10 WU and bigadv here I come!

Latest posts