What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New HCF folding members please post here for intro and tag requests!

Shredder

What is the name of the core that the client is working on? Shouldnt need 10 to get multiple cores fired up.

lightninstrikr

What is the name of the core that the client is working on? Shouldnt need 10 to get multiple cores fired up.
Do you mean which of my CPU cores is it using or is there some setting in the [email protected] program I don't know about that says a core name?

It does say FahCore_a4.exe required and found.
If you meant what core is it using the answer is that it will use up to 100% but sometimes on 2 cores. IE 80% of core3 and 15% of core4. It doesn't have a specific core that it uses all the time.

(Sorry for the late responses I work long days.)

boggtrotter59

Do you mean which of my CPU cores is it using or is there some setting in the [email protected] program I don't know about that says a core name?

It does say FahCore_a4.exe required and found.
If you meant what core is it using the answer is that it will use up to 100% but sometimes on 2 cores. IE 80% of core3 and 15% of core4. It doesn't have a specific core that it uses all the time.

(Sorry for the late responses I work long days.)
a4 is a unicore work unit... just let it finish and the next one should be an A3 core which will utilize all cores.

SugarJ

Staff member
Patience please. The stats were down until yesterday, and I couldn't confirm you had submitted WU's. Now I send a PM to the forum admin, and he'll add your tag whenever he gets around to it.

Oh, and Lightninstrikr, yours is coming too.

lightninstrikr

Patience please. The stats were down until yesterday, and I couldn't confirm you had submitted WU's. Now I send a PM to the forum admin, and he'll add your tag whenever he gets around to it.

Oh, and Lightninstrikr, yours is coming too.

Thanks!

Question though... Shredder helped me fix my stuff so now I fold with all cores but would running a GPU client simultaneously be a good idea as well or not so much? I have an MSI Twin Frozr GTX 580 Lightning Edition and plenty of case cooling/airflow. Should I work on Overclocking the CPU first?

Latest posts

Twitter