What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New HCF folding members please post here for intro and tag requests!

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Its sort of just sitting there...has been for about 5 minutes now.
Don't worry for a wait of 5 minutes. The tpf (time-per-frame: difference in minutes between 2 percentage points) can take as many as 30 minutes, depending on your processor and WU.

The (0) shown in your log is actually a percentage point (0% completed).

pscout knows a lot more about folding, and the approximate tpf for many WU.

John

Mibs

Alright so I installed the graphical client after reading again the faq here. It seems to be working now. It says WU end Sun 16 Sep 07! Does it really take that long for one WU to be completed?

Ok nevermind now it says August 17.

Last edited:

3.0charlie

Why don't you use the SMP beta? Much more efficient when using a dual core CPU. As for the end date, if you just started the client, it takes a few frames to calculate the estimated unit end. It will change.

3.0charlie

You will see a major increase in WU production. If you wish to monitor the WU progression (similar to the info shown on the graphical client), install Fahmon.

FahMon Homepage

pscout

Fallen Folder
Most people install the gui client at first since it is the easiest to setup.

Main problem with it is the eventually it will have problems if you run any other apps that use open g/l since m$ support for it is not very good.
Also you cannot run 2 instances of it to take advantage of your dual core.

To switch to the smp client, let it finish its first wu (which can take several days) and make sure it doesn't download another - i think there is a setting in the gui for this I just can't remember where it is.

The smp client will produce at least 2-3 times more than running 2 standard clients, or 4-6 times as much as 1 gui client. Your rig could produce ~ 1 smp wu per day if running 724 and smp wu's are worth from 1100-1760 points. 1 gui client will get ~ 250-400 points per day on your rig depending on the wu. I am not up to date on what the range is for current single core wu's since I run only smp except for a laptop I have.

running the smp client requires you to have a logon id and password on windows.

Last edited:

Gamashinoch

Ya you can set it to pause after the work unit. Just don't reset your pc or it turns that off (stupid windows update). So now i'm waiting for it to finish again to install the smp one.

Latest posts