What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New HCF folding members please post here for intro and tag requests!

bwm

Welcome guys. Always nice to see more join us.
You'll climb at a pretty good rate, don't worry about that.
If you don't have an nvidia based graphics card that can
fold then adding one will definitely put ants in yer pants!
They're dirt cheap right now as well. :bananafunky:

Vdub90

Welcome to our Little Addiction V.

Once you have folded your 1st WU, don't forget to ask for your folding tag.

I'm up to about 5 so far. I guess points for another team can't be transfered. I signed up for the extreme overclocking team when I first started folding and I have about 237K points with them.

_dangtx_

Banned
welcome aboard m8!

look forward to a few races here. it can get pretty competitive :) especially if you can pump out a k or more per day!!!

Way To FoldWay To FoldWay To FoldWay To Fold
Way To FoldWay To FoldWay To Fold
Way To FoldWay To Fold
Way To Fold

J_M

Hey All!

Started folding for HWC due to the fact that I'm here trolling the forums a lot anyway (I wanted to wait until after GTX 285 draw so I wouldn't look like a prize whore:blarg:).

Now back to watching the buy/sell forum for Nvidia cards.

badatcards

Welcome to the team J M. You should have entered earlier, Thats one of the reasons for the contests:punk:. I you need a hand with anything dont be afraid to ask (Start a new thread). F@H can be confusing sometimes:blarg:. This goes for all new members, If your not sure what clients give the max PPD for your hardware, Ask. Chances are someone on the team has a rig close to yours and can help:thumb:. WTFWay To Fold

J_M

Thanks a lot - I usually manage without too much trouble but it's good to know I have some help if I need it. All I need now is hardware to get my numbers up - adding 2 machines in the next little while (getting the wife off the laptop and setting the kids up on their own machine - expect both to have overspecced GPU's for folding).

0o0

Banned
Hey guys, finally got the gpu client going after 1 month:haha: not sure if I'm gonna run it 24/7 tho... stupid nvidia's cheap components are buzzing. I can make a song outa it, the coils create different pitches depending on their frequencies:clap:

so what clocks affect folding performance? From what I've read here and there, it seems that it primarily depends on shader clocks... will I see folding performance gains with higher core and memory clocks?