What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New HCF folding members please post here for intro and tag requests!

Soultribunal

Staff member
Hi, I've been playing around with BOINC and FAH for the last year and a half without being dedicated to a team or trying to increase PPD but I built an i5 750 rig with a HD 4830 that I'm trying to get the most out of. I didn't build it with folding in mind so it's a bit of a fail folding. The cpu can't run with -bigadv and the GPU only gets 2kppd. I'm trying to find a used i7 860 or an xeon x3440 that I can oc to 4ghz and run bigadv. I will probably switch to a used gtx 260 in the future too so I am hoping to be at >25kppd soon.

Welcome aboard mate! Every Little bit counts! I Started on an E8400 and HIS2600 , and I'm a long ways from there now. Every WU counts.

ST

Wi-Fuzzy

Hi all. I folded for overclockers.com.au off and on for 4 years and then went to Legitreviews for about 3 months. I think it is just time to fold for a Canadian team. I'll bring about 50,000 - 60,000 PPD to HardwareCanucks. Hope to have some fun here.

RCKage

Been watching the HWC folding posts on and off for a while and decided that since my laptop sits idle most of the day anyway..might as well put it to some use. It doesnt accomplish alot from what ive been seeing over the past few days but at least its something and with any luck.....the new system will finally get going soon.

reemo

I just started folding for HWC for the Chimp Challenge, I only have a GTS250 to throw in the mix right now but I hope to build on that.

boggtrotter59

Been watching the HWC folding posts on and off for a while and decided that since my laptop sits idle most of the day anyway..might as well put it to some use. It doesnt accomplish alot from what ive been seeing over the past few days but at least its something and with any luck.....the new system will finally get going soon.

I just started folding for HWC for the Chimp Challenge, I only have a GTS250 to throw in the mix right now but I hope to build on that.

Welcome aboard :thumb: Every little bit counts... :canadianwave:

chrisk

Folding Captain
Guys;
Thinking that this thread can be used instead of the "Folding Tag" requests threads. I would much rather keep Pscout's thread alive and stickied.

What do you think: encourage folks to request their folding tags in this 'Introduction and welcome' thread? I'll unsticky the 'folding tag request' and 'tag mismatch' threads?

C130AVN

Greets-

Allow me to bring 4 GPU's into the Fold (pun intended).

Radeon 5850
8800 GT
8800 GTS
9800M GS

I've got a couple of SMP clients running too.

Cheers :thumb:

Latest posts