What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New HCF folding members please post here for intro and tag requests!

sswilson

Staff member
Looks like they've got the official stats working again. (No longer giving out a "Bad Gateway" error).

durocelis

My Folding ID is 'durocelis'

Just upgraded to a R7 3700x and a 5700XT before all the craziness happened and this seemed like a good way to use it to help out.

Striker

Folding Team
My Folding iD is striker

Working with a 3900x (stock) and a 1080 FTW2, i just registered here but I been folding for a week or so, my Points earned are 4,517,740 as right now ;)

Izerous

Folding Team
Spun it up for the first time in years (ran it on the PS3 years ago for a while). Whats a typical points per day?

Also it seems to be making good use of CPU power but GPU is sitting at 40% at most.

Edit: Side note always surprises me how much less power this thing draws compared to my previous setup (1100T and dual 6990s) when ever I look at the power meter.

Attachments

• F@Htest.png
    F@Htest.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 5

sswilson

Staff member
Spun it up for the first time in years (ran it on the PS3 years ago for a while). Whats a typical points per day?

Also it seems to be making good use of CPU power but GPU is sitting at 40% at most.

Edit: Side note always surprises me how much less power this thing draws compared to my previous setup (1100T and dual 6990s) when ever I look at the power meter.

I was concerned about this on my 1070 ti, but in my case, changing up what task manager was displaying from 3D to "CUDA" showed that it was indeed using 100% of the Cuda cores.

Izerous

Folding Team
I was concerned about this on my 1070 ti, but in my case, changing up what task manager was displaying from 3D to "CUDA" showed that it was indeed using 100% of the Cuda cores.

That was it changed to CUDA and immediately 99% usage

r0k0

Folding Team
r0k0 for here and F@H, currently folding under linustechtips

i have my main folding a few times
HP Z800 2x Xeon X5675 / 24GB / Quadro K4000 3GB ( looking for a cheap 1070ti )
HP Z220 Xeon E3 1245 V2 / 16GB / GTX 1060 6GB
spare computer i7 2600K / 12GB / HD 7990 6GB
spare computer i5 2500K 8GB / Quadro 4000 4GB.

yep its warm at my place :p

Sub2ed

Hey guys;
Chriskwarren here. I am updating Pete_Scout's original team 54196 thread. Pete was a founding member of our team, who has since passed on. We fold in his honour still, and we continue to use this thread.

If you are new to our folding team, please post the following information about yourself:

1. Your folding username. This is especially important, as the site admins will need your folding username in order to give you a nifty folding tag (looks like this
    34444c883950ab2d2.png
    and sits under your username. Ie. a person named 'Superjohnny' on the Hardware Canucks Forum may fold under the username 'Johnny Smith'. Please include both if different.
  2. Any other info you would like to share.
Have fun folding, and feel free to create a thread with any questions!

Signed,
Team 54196

Pete's original post below
---------------------------------------------------

Well, I was not a founding member of this team, but there were only 5 or 6 ahead of me ....

So please share with us who you are and your Stanford folding id if different than your forum id.

When i first started folding a few years ago I looked for a Canadian based team but had no luck. So since I had spent a lot of time on OCF forums learning how to build and OC pc's I finally decided to join their team.

Why do I fold? Because it is a good cause, more valuable to humanity IMO than other DC projects (eg SETI, Prime95/GIMPS, etc) and it gives me something useful to run on the the OC'ed PC's I like to build.

Why do I fold for HCF? Because it is a new Canadian team :canadianwave: trying to get established, and because it will help recruit new people to the folding cause.

It is such a shame to see so many powerful computers around that just sit idle 90+ % of the time. Sure, it takes a bit more electric to run folding, but if the machine is on anyway, it is not really much more. And face it, very few of us can really consume 100% of the cpu cycles with most any applications we run. Even gaming tends to be much more video card dependant than cpu. Video encoding/rendering will certainly drive high cpu, but other than commercial graphics companies, very few of us likely run such CPU intensive for much, if any of our time on the PC.

Lots of people fold because they have lost family or friends to diseases like cancer, Parkinson's, Alzhiemer's, etc. That is partly true for me ... but more important to me is my basic desire to see humanity improve for the better, for the future of my kids, and theirs, and the rest of the people on this planet we share.

So start folding for team HCF!
And recruit your friends and family 👏
Name on team is Subdued. Keep on folding! ./puts mask back on.

Latest posts