What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Kicking Build is on nigh!

moocow

I wasn't saying it's a budget board, I have no idea. Just want to make sure you have watched all the decent review videos first before spending money on it.

GeezerGamer

Eyeing up cases these days....yep.
I might want to buy one soon. I'm looking to air cool with a CPU liquid cooler solution.
I'm keen on these and would ask if anyone has experience with or thoughts pro or con?

Thermaltake 71
Lian Li 011 Air
Corsair 680
Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL

Regardless the case brand would you all think the fans should all match throughout the case?
In regards to looks and RGB software control?

GeezerGamer

After much consternation I just purchased the Lian Li 011Dynamic in black.
Just waiting on AMD to see what's coming our way in the next several weeks?
I'm thinking for consistency I will go with Lian Li 120mm Uni Fans and a lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO.
I'm excited, 10 years waiting for a new build is a long time!

rjbarker

Fun times.....I had gone about 4 yrs I think between builds when I finally upgraded my 3930K X79 System for 9900K Z390 System...complete upgrade.....was pretty stoked with the performance improvements.......fortunately always able to recycle all the WC'ing gear.........looks like you will have a great build!!!

GeezerGamer

Keyboards? I've always had Logitech at my finger tips but I'm wondering about the Corsair K95 keyboard and Dark Core RGB mouse.
It's a choice it seems between the Logitech 915/815 or Corsair K95. A wireless keyboard isn't essential and a USB pass through sounds good which the K95 and 815 provide. Linear keys would probably my choice but possibly tactile. So has anyone used these or gone from one to the other happily? Care to steer me towards one more so than other? Will either RGB software be easier to match up with an Aorus Motherboard and Lian Li RGB fans?

Thoughts, Thanks

sswilson

Staff member
I strongly doubt any Keyboard's RGB will be controllable by anything other than their respective proprietary software (corsair would iCue).

I've been using a K70 (non-RGB) for several years now and still really like it, I'm especially enamoured with the volume scroll wheel. :)

Have you tried different mechanical keys? I like my reds, but that's really a personal choice. In other times we'd recommend you get yourself to a brick and mortar store which had different keys on display so you could try them for yourselves but that's unfortunately not an option these days.

moocow

If you go no-name brand, the RGB could be controlled via the onboard circuit but they are pre-programmed and you can only cycle thru those settings. I got a MKB87 hot swap kit from KPRepublic but I don't exactly recommended from my experience with the shop and the KB kit itself. It cost around $80 USD which is on par with some of the brand name (low end) mechanical keyboard but you get to use your own switches and you can swap them out when one or two of them break.

rjbarker

K95 Keyboard here.....great keyboard havent touched the RGB since I got it over a year ago.....RGB adjustments I could care less about.....
Steel Series mouse here.....

GeezerGamer

Hey sswilson, moocow and rjbarker........Thanks for the replies. I think linear or cherry speed might be the ticket for me as my old Logitech G15 keyboard is not clicky. It's what I'm used to! I'm tempted to stick with Logitech but I like the Corsair looks and good reviews. My last couple of Logitech mouses have sort of let me down. Currently when in the heat of battle and I squeeze my G502 too hard shit happens. That replaced a fairly new Pro wireless due to a glitchy side button:( Seems with that said I should give Corsair a try? Any thoughts on the Corsair Dark sore RGB SE mouse vs. Logitech mice?