What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Kicking Build is on nigh!

sswilson

Staff member
Ok hopefully you can use the top and bottom sockets then. I was going to offer to measure under my card tomorrow, but this particular post came up on a quick search and seemed to mirror what I was thinking (not much more clearance beyond the height of the slot from the top of the motherboard to the bottom of the card shroud).

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/da44ss
I would have guessed closer to 10mm, but you also have to factor in the height of the m2 drive socket.

GeezerGamer

I think I found a keyboard that trumps my other two favourite choices?
Ohhhh yeah!

sswilson

Staff member
It's not going to be inexpensive either... I saw a press release on that earlier today, but IIRC MSRP was $230 USD so you're probably looking at $300+ from a canadian retailer.

GeezerGamer

Yeah, basically the cost of a Logitech 915 which looks to be on sale....$299 can.
Tough choice this one...!

GeezerGamer

FYI, I spoke to customer service at Corsair and they couldn't tell me a release date for the Corsair K100 keyboard let alone if it'll be available in Canada. Odd their website lists it's $319 CDN price!

Below, I posted this in the RAM forum.....

Planning to buy a RAM kit soon totaling either 32 or 64 GB's.
Most likely Corsair Dominator or Vengeance Pro at 3600MHz.
Is it better to configure with two sticks or four sticks?
So 4x8 for 32GB's or 2x16 for 32 GB's?
These will go into a new build powered by a new upcoming AMD CPU, most likely 5800 or 5900.
Do you see any issues I should be concerned with?

Cheers

Last edited:

GeezerGamer

I thought I'd update my situation and the course I'm on, I'm getting hyped!

Purchased list.....
Corsair AX 1000w PSU, Aorus X570 Master MB, G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 MHz 2x16 GB RAM, CyberPower 1500VA UPS Battery Back-up, Lian Li 011XL Dynamic Case, One Samsung 256GB USB Stick, LG 38GN950-B Monitor, Logitech G915 Wireless Keyboard

Ordered list.....
One 1T Samsung 980 Pro NVMe SSD.

Want to get but not available to order yet list......
AMD 5900X or 5950X CPU, New AMD GPU Or Nvidea 3080, More SSD's later and some longer cables......

Undecided List.......
CPU cooler and case fans(DEEPCOOL)?

Did I mention I'm getting hyped....FYI, I worked a second part time job to make this happen:)
When I have time I will add links.

GeezerGamer

Last edited:

GeezerGamer

Yeah, so I might have put my foot in it. I'm not so sure the fans I want, which are 3 pin will work with my motherboard because the fan headers are 4 pin? Because of this I will not be able to utilize motherboard RGB control over the fans.
Can someone please explain whether this is indeed the case....do I need to look elsewhere and forget about the Lian Li cooling solution??
The 120mm Uni fans and the Galahad AIO are on order but I can cancel them.

Help
Screenshot_20201010-184341_Samsung Internet.jpg
20201010_171440.jpg

Dwayne

The fan header and the RGB header are completely different things.

Fans come in 3 and 4 pin style but a 3 pin pugs into a 4 pin header, it just is missing the PWM control. You should be fine. Pg 27 in the GB manual for fan stuff.

Your RGB stuff will either be addressable, and use the 3 pin one (looks like 4 pins with one missing) or a non addressable 4 pin one. The Aorus master has both addressable and non-addressable RGB headers, D_LED1, D_LED2, LED_C1, and LED_C2. C1 and C2 are 4 pin 12V RGB non-addressable. D_LED1 and D2 are 3 pin addressable header and are 5V. Pg 29 and 30 for the RGB stuff in the GB manual.

You control each of these thing separately. Many others here have a lot more experience with the RGB stuff than I do. I have a single 12V non-addressable header on my board (an Asus board) and I have used Aura, which is the Asus software. Gigabyte will have its own software. You should go look up some YouTube stuff on the way the RGB is controlled on the Master, there should be some stuff out there to watch.