What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Kicking Build is on nigh!

GeezerGamer

Updated this day....

I thought I'd update my situation and the course I'm on, I'm getting hyped!

Purchased list.....
Corsair AX 1000w PSU, Aorus X570 Master MB, G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 MHz 2x16 GB RAM, CyberPower 1500VA UPS Battery Back-up, Lian Li 011XL Dynamic Case, One Samsung 256GB USB Stick, LG 38GN950-B Monitor, Logitech G915 Wireless Keyboard, Audeze Penrose headset, Thermaltake 3.0 360mm AIO Sync, Thermaltake Pure 12 ARGB Case fans.

Ordered list.....
Two 1T Samsung 980 Pro NVMe SSD.

Want to get but not available to order yet list......
AMD 5900X or 5950X CPU, New AMD GPU Or Nvidea 3080, More SSD's later and some longer cables......

Did I mention I'm getting hyped....FYI, I worked a second part time job to make this happen:)
When I have time I will add links.

GeezerGamer

Last edited:

GeezerGamer

I purchased 3.5g of ArcticSilver5 Thermal Paste. I've only done this once about ten years ago.
Is 3.5g enough? Pea size right? It just looks like such a small amount in the syringe!

Entz

3.5g is more than enough... I would be shocked if a standard application is even 0.5g .

Edit: Yes. Noctua rates their 3.5 at up to 20 1151 CPUs. So half that lol.

JD

Staff member
Pea size right?
Probably the best is to spread out a thin layer across the IHS with a credit card or such, but some pastes can be too thick for that. A center pea-size drop isn't great anymore I don't think as it doesn't ensure full coverage of the dies, especially in AMD's case where there's 2 chiplets.

Arctic Silver 5 is a pretty old formula though and is conductive, so it's not the most ideal anymore. For example: https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/guru3d_thermal_paste_roundup_2019,12.html. If you want the lowest temperature possible, there's better options.

If you end up with a Noctua heatsink, they include NT-H1 (maybe H2 now) which will work pretty well.

GeezerGamer

JD, Thanks for the link! I will accept I rushed a thermal decision and act accordingly to remedy my spontaneity!

DOH:(

Bond007

Arctic Silver 5 is a pretty old formula though and is conductive, so it's not the most ideal anymore. For example: https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/guru3d_thermal_paste_roundup_2019,12.html. If you want the lowest temperature possible, there's better options.

If you end up with a Noctua heatsink, they include NT-H1 (maybe H2 now) which will work pretty well.

Agree. Arctic silver 5 is still fine, but you can get better performing TIM for a similar cost without the risks of it being conducting.

GeezerGamer

Lysrin,
Sure, I assume that's ok here in the forums?
BestBuy.ca.
It's up for pre-order and I feel confidant I'll be one of the first to have their orders filled:)
It's more than I envisioned spending by large but it ticks a lot of the boxes for me!
I don't think you could go wrong with the LG38GN950-B but it hurts the wallet!
$.02

GeezerGamer

Just posted this in the water cooling forum but I post it here too....HELP
See below........

It confounds me hence my need to ask this.....Will the following be possible?
Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL case with X570 Aorus MB and AMD 5950X CPU with Thermaltake 360 AIO and a total of 10 Thermaltake fans(6 intake @ 4 exhaust).
I provide links to the Thermaltake products. It's all the 3 pin, 4 pin, ARGB connections and headers and how they're labeled differently....LED? I can't get my head around it! What's compatible with what, how many fans per header and do I need splitters?
I would like MB software control of ARGB and have adjustable fan speed control.
I think if someone could confirm for me it's doable I can go from there. I have a little build experience and that's from some years ago, it's nothing as complex as this vision!

Please and thank you

Bond007

I will leave the fan connection/ARGB details to someone with more experience in it.

Overall point...are you planning your 6 intake as push/pull on the rad, or 3 on the rad and 3 elsewhere? 4 Exhaust is more than I would plan to run.

Latest posts

Twitter