What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Kicking Build is on nigh!

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.... yeah, I'm not paying $500 - $600 CDN for a keyboard no matter how blingy it is... :)

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I have a Corsair TKL with the MX Speeds, and really liked it. Enough so that I kept it as a spare when I went to a compact keyboard (with MX Browns). I can't speak for the Corsair Dark Core, but I found previous Corsair mice to be similar build quality to my current G502, except for the freewheeling scroll wheel option.

rjbarker

I swear by Steel Series for mouse...never been dissapointed....when I got my Corsair Keyboard I believe I went with "Brown" keys vs Cherry (I thought they maybe too sensitive).....Browns are fairly quiet...not too clicky
I believe when I purchased the Corsair K95 Keyboard I just wasnt sure what type of keys....Sugar provided the info and I wound up with Browns.....great keyboard..very robust n heavy....

rjbarker

Went with this keyboard...my mistake...Cherry Keys w Brown Switches..got it on sale at Best Buy for $189 I think.

And this mouse also at Best Buy (I have 2 of them, one for desktop and one for gaming laptop.

Steel Series Sensai

GeezerGamer

Thanks for the suggestions and replies, keep them coming:)
In my first post I said I'd have plenty of questions.....here comes another one!
Will a Corsair MP600 1T NVMe M.2 SSD with it's thick heat sink fit underneath a 3 slot GPU in the middle of three M.2 positions?

OR........

Can the Corsair heat sink be removed and instead use the motherboards thermal guards or is that a bad idea?

sswilson

Staff member
Thanks for the suggestions and replies, keep them coming:)
In my first post I said I'd have plenty of questions.....here comes another one!
Will a Corsair MP600 1T NVMe M.2 SSD with it's thick heat sink fit underneath a 3 slot GPU in the middle of three M.2 positions?

OR........

Can the Corsair heat sink be removed and instead use the motherboards thermal guards or is that a bad idea?

It might, but I wouldn't count on it. Any particular reason you're focused on that particular slot, or are you planning on populating all three? Looking at the board, either the top or bottom position should be clear.

GeezerGamer

Looking at options but yeah I thought to populate at least two initially? I need to check again but I thought the bottom one didn't have the same specs as the other two? Sure I could go 2T in the top position.
The Corsair MP600 is 15mm thick.