What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Kicking Build is on nigh!

Bartacus

Nice, looks kinda similar to mine, except your AIO is a lot prettier than my unlit CPU block, LOL! My poor 6900XT is currently undergoing "limit testing" with 10 fans in the same case all at full blast, with the GPU fans on full blast too. My tinnitus is acting up today, no bloody wonder, LOL!

GeezerGamer

Nice, looks kinda similar to mine, except your AIO is a lot prettier than my unlit CPU block, LOL! My poor 6900XT is currently undergoing "limit testing" with 10 fans in the same case all at full blast, with the GPU fans on full blast too. My tinnitus is acting up today, no bloody wonder, LOL!
Are your fans ARGB? What software controls them? Does it work well? I have Gigabyte Fusion RGB and it kind of sucks!

Bartacus

Are your fans ARGB? What software controls them? Does it work well? I have Gigabyte Fusion RGB and it kind of sucks!
Yeah me too, I'm a GB guy for motherboards lately, so I'm using Fusion. My fans are Fractal Design Prisma AL-120s, PWM version, 2.88mm/H20 static pressure. The RGB is daisy chain, so you can just chain them right to your mobo. Thankfully I'm content with static colors and don't need RGB effects. I don't think there is such a thing as *good* RGB software, LOL!

GeezerGamer

So the story continues.......
While my 6800xt was horizontal and squeezed tight against the motherboard. Basically 1 mm clearance for the chipset to breath or choke is more like it. Chipset was within spec but at 80 C after gaming and not dropping down much beyond that didn't sit well with me!
I've held off with a vertical mount waiting for a good(?) 4.0 pcie riser cable and finally Lian Li released one. I ordered their Vertical mount kit(3.0 cable included) and their new 4.0 riser cable. I swapped them out yesterday and worried myself through installation this afternoon....SUCCESS!
At times I said to myself no way this fits or shit I need to open this case right up and reroute cables, things looked bleak:(
It worked out but a little cable relocation was required with the 3.0 USB cables, no sweat there.
One negative with this is the little LCD screen now faces straight up and isn't readily visible but I'll live with it.
The vertical mount is nice and level where as the horizontal mount had a wee bit of sag which I Mickey Mouse'd a solution for...don't ask.
Be warned that there are only two possible slots to arrange a 6800xt in, a possible five are provided. One position puts it right up against the glass and one right near the middle(between MB and side of case) which is what I wanted so good for me!
It's early but I believe I have temperature drops overall but specifically @11 C on the MB chipset!
It looks good and I'm happy:)

Attachments

• 20210717_170759.jpg
    20210717_170759.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210716_131548.jpg
    20210716_131548.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 19

GeezerGamer

Thanks Crazyea.
Fan noise to me is fine. Using my sound db messuring app in my phone I have a sound pressure reading of 30 db idle. Gaming I get 39ish......AMD Rage mode.
My head is 1.3 m from front of case as was my phone for these measurements.
Photo shows 42 db because my hand on phone taking screen capture.
With this build I'm gaming with headphones 90 percent of the time so it not a bother at all!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210717-211346_Smart Tools.jpg
    Screenshot_20210717-211346_Smart Tools.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 4

GeezerGamer

Okay, I was a little hasty proclaiming temperature drops overall. GPU hot spot is up some, I'm not pleased at that! Upwards of 87% it's thermal limit. I might be changing my case fan orientation in the near future.....oh well.
Columns from left to right current, minimum, maximum and average. After one hour gaming.....

Attachments

• 20210726_164456.jpg
    20210726_164456.jpg
    708.8 KB · Views: 3

tonytdnguyen89

Thanks Crazyea.
Fan noise to me is fine. Using my sound db messuring app in my phone I have a sound pressure reading of 30 db idle. Gaming I get 39ish......AMD Rage mode.
My head is 1.3 m from front of case as was my phone for these measurements.
Photo shows 42 db because my hand on phone taking screen capture.
With this build I'm gaming with headphones 90 percent of the time so it not a bother at all!
This is great dB levels.

Latest posts