What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Laptop suggestions for the misses

danmitch1

Hey guys, its been 14 years since we are in the market for a new laptop. We are looking at dell again, as we cant afford to buy it with cash and the financing has lower interest than our credit card.

Anyway as the title says, this is for the misses. She will be using it for general office work, excel, word etc.. She will also like to run photoshop, maybe indesign and illustrator at some point. No gamming or fancy 4k screens needed.

Since we last purchased, intel was the goto, but amd obviously is holding its ground now so im not sure what route to take.

EDIT: almost forgot budget, im thinking under 700$

Any and every suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

sswilson

Staff member
If you haven't already, find the link to sign up for the newsletter. It'll get you a 10% coupon but sometimes takes a day or so to kick in.

crazyea

Also don't forget to watch Rakuten as you can usually get 8-10% back from dell. (Right now it's only 2%)

Also, you can get financing and nice laptops from Lenovo so take a peek there too.

danmitch1

Great! thanks for that. Now shes looking at 1300$ laptops.... uhhg

What about processor, should we do intel or amd?

sswilson

Staff member
As far as the hardware goes..... since it sounds like you don't need gaming, but list programs that will benefit from some cpu grunt, I'd point out that the AMD 8C/16T "H" series mobile procs are absolute beasts.

edit: I'd also suggest keeping an eye on RFD (if you don't already). That's where I see most of the deals I grab. :)

Mr. Friendly

hey Dan, Lenovo offers financing now as well and I'd say their ThinkPad is hella better than Dell's options. I also think Lenovo's newer ThinkBook series is solid for the specs to price...just seriously consider buying the warranty upgrade. they come with a 1 year depot, which means you can walk it into a local certified shop, not ship it anywhere.

danmitch1

hey Dan, Lenovo offers financing now as well and I'd say their ThinkPad is hella better than Dell's options. I also think Lenovo's newer ThinkBook series is solid for the specs to price...just seriously consider buying the warranty upgrade. they come with a 1 year depot, which means you can walk it into a local certified shop, not ship it anywhere.
Im gonna try to push her in that direction, I think im going to have a hard time cause now she is focusing on cosmetics :rolleyes: