What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Laptops Announced?

Caldezar

I saw the announcement for the new 8th gen Intel mobile CPU's with 'Vega M'. But what I DIDN'T see were any specific laptops announced with release dates on when they'll be available. Did I just miss it? Or is there nothing official yet? Seems odd, since my understanding is that the mobile CPU's are due for wide release next month.

*EDIT* I don't know how I missed it, but I do now see that the new Dell XPS and HP Spectre will have it.

Last edited:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team

Caldezar

Did you see the new Hades Canyon NUC specs? Update of the Skull Canyon that should be able to game as well as run living room VR setups. https://www.anandtech.com/show/1222...s-are-official-799999-shipping-in-spring-2018

I saw that as well and was pretty intrigued by elements of it. The only downfall is the price. You can build a half decent 1080p rig for the price of that unit, so all you're getting is the smaller form factor but sacrificing customization and upgrade paths.

As much as I'd like to shrink the devices around my TV, my SilverStone Grandia still fits in very well as the heart of my home theater setup.And it'll be a long time before the 4770/1060 combo needs an upgrade for my 1080p TV.

Latest posts