What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Mobile Gaming Build

GrumpyGeek

Hello All,

I am looking to build a new gaming computer in a Corsair Air 240. I am just wondering what a decent mITX board is. I dont want spend alot but just looking for something with a 1150 socket that can have one GTX 760

Thanks
GG

TheDarkLord

all of them can handle a single 760, go on ca.partpick, select 1150 and mITX, there's your choices, pick one you like and go with it, spend 5 mins googling reviews on it, if they seem ok, buy it..

Caldezar

The MSI Z87i Gaming is a great board and is on sale right now. Comes with all the bells and whistles, wireless, OC capable, etc.

If you don't want wireless, but you want reasonable performance, then check out the ASUS H97i.

Beyond that, it really comes down to what features you need. If you aren't going to OC and don't need wireless, then a $65 MB is likely fine. But if you want wireless, expandability on the GPU, etc, then you have to look at the boards with the features you want.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
The Gigabyte Z87i Gaming is a great board and is on sale right now. Comes with all the bells and whistles, wireless, OC capable, etc.

If you don't want wireless, but you want reasonable performance, then check out the ASUS H97i.

Beyond that, it really comes down to what features you need. If you aren't going to OC and don't need wireless, then a $65 MB is likely fine. But if you want wireless, expandability on the GPU, etc, then you have to look at the boards with the features you want.

Dunno why that board's coming up as a gigabyte in the url description... `tis an MSI. :)

Luay79

I would go with a matx motherboard since the Carbide Air 240 will fit it.

GrumpyGeek

yea you make a very good point. I kind of like that idea cause i can fit my soundcard in there as well

Shadowarez

Folding Team
If I were build Matx I'd wait the new x99 Matx are coming out and would be amazing for lil systems. I'm rebuilding a Nas with x99 Matx in a Haf X-evo sold others as this one will be future proof. Got a 5960x just waiting on proper density ram and pci ssd or m.2 ssd at 32 GB speeds.

Luay79

X99 leaves little budget for video cards and offers close to 0% improvement in games. Z97 is the better choice for gaming.

Luay79

Asus then Gigabyte then MSI then Asrock have always been solid choices. gaming models, pro models and budget models.

As for soundcards, wireless adapters and such, I find myself using USB devices (the good ones) instead of PCI-E, and to put it as unprofessionally as I can, it all seems the same to me and I wouldn't be able to tell which is which on blind testing.

Latest posts