What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New NVidia Driver update Power issue

Dwayne

So, last night I noticed my CPU temps were really high. I fiddled with some settings but it was late so I thought I would check into it this morning. I checked my processes and found a thing called NVRLA running and using about 9% CPU cycles. Seems like if you ask about it on the NVidia subreddit page the questions get deleted. I posted one and will check and see if they cancelled it, but I did find this posting in another subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/o5rwwz
So, if you installed the updated drivers, have a look and see what your system is doing. The CPU temps might be high because this is running.

crazyea

I looked and I don't have that. RTX 3070. But I also don't install the game experience thing either.

EDIT: My comprehension is bad. I'm still on 466.77.

Dwayne

I wonder if it is tied to that as I did install the Experience thing. Guess that comes out now.

Izerous

Folding Team
What I want to say is 9% load increased your temperatures pfft...

But there is no legitimate reason a driver utility should be that much of a pig causing that kind of load either way.

sweetb...

I had the same issues with this running process, it came with the latest nvidia driver update.
I think i can´t post the link to nvidia to show what it is but if you want to know google NVIDIA GeForce FrameView-App.

Solution:
Go into Apps and remove it, it is not needed.
Enjoy the silence and lower temperatures.

Greets
Sweetb...

Dwayne

I uninstalled GeForce Experience and rebooted, the application was still running on boot. So I downloaded just the desktop drivers and DDU. I disconnected my LAN, cleaned out NVidia stuff with DDU, rebooted without the LAN to install just the drivers. No more application running. Pain in the arse when NVidia drops in an app like that. No one should have to do the 3 finger salute to find a power virus running in the background, especially when they don't tell you what it is doing.

Latest posts

Twitter