What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New pc build...Need any changes ?

Athaven Giri

I7 9700k
MSI Z390 Ace
MSI RTX 2070 super gaming x trio
Kingston predator rgb 2x8 (3200)
Kraken x62
Samsung evo plus 500gb
WD 2tb HDD
FSP Hydro GE 80+ Gold 650 wFull Modular
Phanteks P600S
Monitor: Acer predator XB271HU

Any way to cut cost,wthout compromising the perfomance?
PC for gaming
Aorus z390 master better than ace?
Want to do OC..

Last edited:

Bond007

Do you need that much storage? If I were trying to reduce the cost I would ditch the samung ssd and the wd hdd, and opt for a 1tb sx8200 / sx8200 pro / mp510. Those nvme ssd offer almost all the performance of the samsung drives for substantially less $ (watch for sales).

My quick look has that power supply being a bit expensive for what it is. I would look for evga g3 or seasonic focus plus gold.

You could always get a cheaper case, but a case is a personal decision.

Monitor is also supposed to be very good. There is potential to save some money, but how much you want to spend for those extra features/performance is up to you.

Your call on going intel, but personally I would swap to AMD. With this build you would have it pretty much maxed out (meaning when you want more you are out of luck...new motherboard and CPU required). I would recommend going to something like a ryzen 3700X, or maybe even save a few $ and go with the 3600. You would have headroom for substantial cpu upgrades down the road if you ever needed/wanted it.

Athaven Giri

Thank you,thats very thoughtful.
Planning for 1440p gaming..
If im going for ryzen 3600x or 3700x,which motherboard ll be more suitable?
B450 or X570?
Is that PCIe 4.0 necessary?
Im not planning for SLI.
Is that CPU overclocking important for 1440p gaming?
Im planning to use the pc 5 to 6 years

If B450,which one would be better,
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon AC or MSI B450 Tomahawk max?

For ryzen 3600x or 3700c overclocking,still need kraken x62..or can go for cheaper AIO cooler?

Choosed phanteks P600S bec good air flow and can support kraken x62 radiator on top..

moocow

At this moment, the only reason to go PCIe 4 is take advantage of the new PCIe 4 SSD. I don't think the new GPU can even saturate PCIe 3. You could wait a bit and see what the specs are for B550 chipset. At the moment, the rumor is that it's using PCIe 3. As for AMD overclocking, just leave everything on automatic as a lot of reviewers find it futile to do manual OC. As for the case, I doubt it got good airflow, the front is closed off and rely on side intakes. CM H500M got good airflow in reviews but it's ugly.

Izerous

De8auer covered this a bit about 3 vs 4

in the first opening minute he says something like... we know navi doesn't really use it and the 2080ti doesn't either.

if neither of those cards can make use of ti a 2070 super is not going to either and shouldn't be evena remote concern.

Last edited:

BKim

Maybe just do 1 TB HDD instead of the 2 TB to lower costs by very little. I'm going with a RTX 2070 for my new build instead of 2070 Super.

MvSlainXVII

Change the Power Supply to EVGA or SeaSonic one. Plus get a cheaper SSD if you can find. Nepal has got some better Adata SSD for cheap man. And if you are going for Ryzen there are going to be release like the 550 platforms. So if you wanna build a ryzen just wait for a while or you can use the b450 motherboard but there wont be head room to overclock.

Latest posts

Twitter